thirty five

EVELYN WOKE UP warmer than usual. Was it the change in place? Was it the closeness of the equator? But still, regardless of that fact, it was still Winter, and to her knowledge, she'd slept without a blanket. That thought alone woke her up, her eyes flying open, as she came to the sudden realisation of where she actually was.

She glanced down. An arm was around her waist. She glanced to the side. A dark head of her was pressed against the back of her shoulders. She glanced back to the side. She could feel him breathing against her back. She stopped. Arthur was the reason she was warm.

Instantly, the memories of late last night flooded back into her mind. The two had arrived home late, getting surprised by the fact all their friends had been sitting up, awake, on the couches with boxes of pizza. George had offered them some as they walked in, while Cam asked them where they went.

"Oh, you know, we just looked around," Evelyn had hummed as she walked closer, stealing a slice off George. "We went to a museum, not that any of you'd appreciate it."

To her surprise, a chorus of reactions were emphasised in response. Alex, who'd been drinking a glass of water, almost spat it out. Arthur Hill and Cam widened their eyes dramatically as George barked out a laugh. The blonde grew confused while Arthur shot them all glares from behind her. Little had she known, Arthur had said previously to them all that his dream first date was to visit a museum.

They had ended up throwing on a movie as they huddled together on the couch. While some of them fell asleep on the couches, others had retreated to their designated rooms earlier. Two of the people who hadn't left the comfort of the long sofa were Arthur and Evelyn. The girl was only just realising it that next morning.

Evelyn quickly stood up, watching Arthur stir for a second before falling back to sleep. Arthur Hill and Cam were asleep beside him, Cam's legs lying across Arthur Hill's knees. The blonde caught herself smiling for a bit before it disappeared in an instant, her eyes flicking back to where she was lying mere moments ago. She wasn't doing it again. She couldn't.