twenty six

THE AFTERNOON QUICKLY spiraled into a lengthy night after messages of last-minute invitations had been texted through to the groups' phones. Callum (Freezy), who Evelyn had met at the last social gathering, and Chip were hosting yet another party at their studio in central London, where the close friends going out were currently residing. As soon as they heard the consistent ping of shared notifications, they shared a look. They were going.

"I need to go home, Arthur! Look at my clothes!" Evelyn argued as she stood up from her chair at the restaurant, gesturing to her loose trackies and shirt.

"What? They look fine!" He said calmly as he took a sip of his beverage. The blonde rolled her eyes before picking up her handbag and throwing it over her shoulder.

"Fine isn't good enough. Alex, you agree, right? You like fashion," Evelyn tried as she turned towards the man on the other end of the table. He looked up with wide eyes.

"What? . . . Oh, yeah no, what you're wearing is fine." Arthur leant back in his chair with a laugh and electrifying grin.

"I told you!" He shouted joyfully. Arthur Hill looked over at the girl, taking in her outfit.

"To be fair, I would change too," he said. Arthur immediately let his chair fall back down as his grin disappeared, a smile growing on the blonde's face instead. "Nothing against what you're wearing . . . but it's a party . . . with the sidemen . . . and you're a model."

"Exactly! Thank you. This is why you're the better Arthur," she smiled with a finger pointed in his direction.

"My pleasure," Arthur Hill said. He started to laugh when he turned to the side and noticed the other Arthur's dumbfounded expression.

"Hey! What the hell?" He shouted as Evelyn had started to walk away.

"I'll see you tonight, loser!" She waved behind her with a bright smile. Arthur sent her a look with narrowed eyes, but nevertheless, couldn't resist a grin.