"What . . . is Evie hiding or-"

"No!" Max said before lightly pushing George's shoulder back and flinging his other hand forward, shooting a bullet straight into George's chest. The man yelped as he jumped back in surprise.

"What the fuck, Max? You idiot, that hurt!" He winged, pressing a hand to his chest with annoyance. Evelyn couldn't stop herself from laughing as she stood up from her crouched position.

"Onwards, love!" Max shouted as he held his nerf gun in the air and stomped out of the hotel room. Evelyn quickly ducked behind him, evading George's painful glare.

Max banged on the hotel room beside their own. Due to the commotion, other doors on their floor began to open, numerous members of their friend group flocking out. Instantly, Max and Evelyn let bullets fly.

Chip got hit in the back of the neck, Theo got one to the forehead, while Chris copped one point-blank in the shin. Callux and Calfreezy both got some in the chest after Harry had pulled them in front of him, shielding himself from the oncoming spray. Evelyn was the one that noticed Arthur step out of his room, back to them, as he glanced around at his friends groaning on the floor and against the wall with confusion.

She thought back to what Max had said in response to her story time at the airport. Come on, Evie, he'd whispered. You know he's booksmart, but not in the real world . . . he's an idiot. I know it hurts but let him back in, let him try again. If he doesn't then fuck him, he's a stupid prick that can rot in hell. But, babe, even George can see he regrets it. We all can. He'd grabbed her hand. Please just try to see that too.

She pulled the trigger, watching as the bullet left the gun and hit the man in-between his shoulder blades. It was as if the world had slowed to a stop motion film as the blonde glanced across the hallway. With their friends all in to much pain to watch around them, Arthur had turned around with furrowed brows and an angry gleam in his eye. His hand had slithered behind his back to press into his skin, an attempt to ease the pain that he later realised was futile. However, as soon as their eyes locked, his anger disappeared.

"Hi," she grinned, waving the nerf gun mischievously. His features lightened as he tilted his head, his slight ounce of pain becoming nonexistent as his hand relaxed and fell back to his side.

"Hi," he breathed out. He felt like she was seeing him again, finally, just watching, looking. He felt his hope return. After being ignored at the airport, ignored for majority of Chip's video, and ignored for the entirety of the previous month, he'd thought it was over. Everything, gone. All because of one text. All because of him. But then, now, he felt that spark return as her eye's sparkled in the artificial light. He'd missed those eyes.

The blonde's grin softened to a smile as she watched his eyes flick over her. She knew what he was thinking, in a small amount. Please. Max's words rang throughout her bustling mind. Try to see that too. 

Regret, what a strong concept. If asked to describe a concept, Evelyn would say it is an idea or collection of ideas that change over time, place, and culture. Time. Time. Things change over time. London changed over time. Evelyn changed over time. Her feelings changed over time. Her relationships changed over time. Arthur and Evelyn's relationship changed over time. Who was to say it wouldn't change again?

Before her or the man in front of hers thoughts could dwindle any longer, she pointed the gun straight once more and pressed down on the trigger repeatedly. He yelled out her name as he twisted his body away, throwing his hands over his head as he ducked and pressed up against the wall.

"Get him, Evie!" Max cheered as he fired yet another bullet at George, who shouted out his name in retaliation before reaching for the weapon itself.

Evelyn had looked away, pausing her firing as she watched George and Max struggle for the nerf gun. She laughed lightly before hearing her name being shouted.