"And that's what you did with Redbull? You fought for your spot?"

"I did." I answer simply.

"Even though there were talks that they had already agreed to give the seat to Alex Albon?" There it was, their shit stirring question that puts me in a dark light. If they're looking for another villain for this season, well done, because they just got it.

"It's not my fault that Redbull made that decision. They saw my talent and took the chance. In this sport it's every man for themselves, or in this case woman."

"Your move to Redbull also left Sergio Perez without a seat for this season." I see a ghost of a smile cross her face as she quickly looks down and then back up. "Any comment on that?"

I can't help but laugh a little, which I know Leah will kill me over so I avoid looking in her direction. "Karma's a bitch isn't it. That's all I've got to say"

Then there settled a silence fuelled awkward moment before the interviewer started shuffling through her cards, clearly skipping over a couple before reaching one which made her smirk.

"So you're new teammate for this season is non other than Max Verstappen. We know that there's a bit of history there, how do you think that will effect you?"

Trying not to roll my eyes on camera, I let out a huff. All of these questions have been about the other racers, and now him, it's clear that this interview will never pass the bechdel test.

"I think it will push me even more. It's clear that we're never going to be best friends, we both know that, but if there's one person I want to beat it's him, and I think that mentality is very much reciprocated."

"Do you think this will benefit the team? I mean no one wants a repeat of Baku 2018 surely?"

"As much as we don't get on and are aggressive on track, we wouldn't be stupid enough to purposely hurt the team. Now have you got any questions on those cards about anything important, like the treatment of female drivers or how I had arguably one of the best rookie seasons - acknowledging my accomplishments? Or are they all just about the other male drivers so you can continue to portray me as not committed to my career since I'd rather talk about my male competition?"

I'm pretty sure I hear someone at the back of the room drop a clipboard in shock. Looking around the room I'm met with blank stares, as though nobody expected me to have enough of their bullshit.

"For fuck sake Madeline." I hear Leah mutter from the corner of the room and she shakes her head, placing her hand on her forehead, probably developing a headache at the thought of work she's now going to have.

Looking back to the interviewer she just sits their for a moment dumbfounded, with her jaw hanging down. As I raise my eyebrows to her and nod at the cards, she takes a moment to flick through them with a light blush forming over her cheeks.

After almost a minute I get fed up. Once again, they only planned to make a fool out of me but I'm just done. "No more questions?" I ask sarcastically, but no one replies, they don't even make eye contact, clearly intimidated by me. "Guess we're done then." I stand up, unclipping the mic and placing it down on the chair, strutting out of the room with Leah close on my heels.

"I'm going to murder you." She calls out as we reach the lift at the end of the hallway.

"Do me a favour then and make it quick. I can't be bothered going to this photoshoot now either. They've really pissed me off." I flick my hair over my shoulder and walk in to the now arrived lift.

"Really? I couldn't tell."

Pulling down at the pastel blue toned grey Alphatauri jumper, I make my way on to the set. Everything was very monotone, with walls and tapestries of black, grey, and white with only one yellow and one blue wall, and some geometric boxes randomly placed around.