Needing to Behave

Chapter 1: Needing to Behave

Sighing under my breath i watch as both Hedwig and Amaris both fidget in their cages that sit upon our desks against the large back wall. They are both extremely agitated. I mean I don't blame them who would want to be cooped up in a cage all day?

A lot had changed once both myself and Harry had returned back from Hogwarts after the school year had finished, for one we were thankfully moved out from under that cramped cupboard under the stairs into an actual bedroom.

An Actual bedroom! Sounds nice until you know the full details. 

I think the reason had something to do with the first letter we hadthrough the letterbox before, finally being able to go to Hogwarts which readthat they knew that both me and Harry were living in the cramped cupboard underthe stairs. Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon must have rethought our livingsituation since we had been at the school and finally gave us Dudley's secondbedroom and yes I did say second, who the hell needs two bedrooms?

Again I would say this is great until Uncle Vernon decided to put around 7 to 12 locks on the door that he decides to lock when we are both in the room at night. which is not great when I want to use the loo at night. 

 I glance at Harry as he focuses on the picture book that Rubeus Hagrid gave us both at the end of our first year at Hogwarts, ever since we got that book, he hardly puts it down just keeps staring at Mum and Dad like they would be moving out of the photo. If only they could.

Hedwig grabs my attention away from my brother when she starts chirping and hooting away in her cage it doesn't help that Amaris keeps clawing and pecking at the lock on the cage aggravating her further, I sit at the end of my bed just staring at them "Guys come-on you know we can't let you out" I mumble looking to the window "As much as I would love to let you out we can't".

"We aren't allowed to do magic outside of school" Harry mumbles flipping the page to his book while I roll my eyes at his statement, says the one looking at a magical picture book, how is releasing our pet owls doing any magic anyways. "Besides if Uncle Vernon..." Harry trails off as a loud crash comes from downstairs and a loud angry shout from Uncle Vernon follows "HARRY! WILLOW!".

I glance at the door to see it slightly ajar I bite my lip now knowing exactly what or should I say who made the loud crash downstairs and got Uncle Vernon so angry, Harry closes his book with a loud thud a grimace look on his face as he looks between the open door where one feline friend had escaped and the two feathered ones keep squawking and clawing in their cage before turning his gaze to me "Now you've done it." 

Oh yea blame me, It is our Kneazle.

I huff getting up and following my Twin down stairs, well I may have accidentally left the door open, entering into the kitchen I notice Aunt Petunia working on a Cake she notices our presence and carries on working on the cake "He's in there, Vernon" she mumbles carrying on with the icing on the cake, I think she has overdone it, not even giving the both of us a second glance as she indicates into the living room.

Entering the Living room I already know what I'm going to get shouted for as Gizmo pushes over another stack of books that Uncle had set up on the floor, I'm quick to respond by quickly restacking his books before picking up Gizmo and holding him in my arms knowing he'll probably just go push another stack of books over. I take a step back from Uncle Vernon as he keeps his focus on Dudley as he fixes his son's suit, "I'm warning you two. If you can't control them birds or this cat thing, they'll have to go". 

I bite down on my tongue not wanting to give a sarcastic comeback as Harry sighs looking at Gizmo in my arms, "But they are bored, if we could let them out for... an hour or two" Harry tries to convince our Uncle they might be better behaving themselves if they get a bit of free time but Uncle Vernon is quick to laugh off his comment. "So, what then you can send messages to your freaky little friends? No siree" Harry shakes his head at Uncle Vernon's back as keeps his gaze on Dudley. "But we haven't had any messages from any of our friends." Harry mumbles a glum look on his face, "Not one. All summer" I interject trying to help our case in freeing our furry friends but in hand just making me and my Twin brother feel even more down that we have had no news or letters from anyone at Hogwarts especially had no letters from Ron, Hermione or even Hagrid. Man I would even take a horrible letter from Draco Malfoy or a detention letter for the whole of term from Professor Snape just to hear from someone of that world. 

Uncle Vernon takes a step back from Dudley as he finishes what he was doing turning to us, Dudley is quick to head towards the cake his mum is preparing not before bumping shoulders with us to pass a smug look on his face "Who would want to be friends with you" he comments as he passes by. I hold back the urge to release Gizmo on him and rip him to shreds... maybe the sorting hat should of put me in Slytherin.

"I think you should be a little more grateful. We have raised you since you were babies, given you the food off our table, even let you have Dudley's second bedroom, purely out of the goodness of our hearts" Uncle Vernon looks toward us with a displeased look while I roll my eyes trying not to scoff out loud at his statement. Oh, how I so wish to set him straight but thought better against it knowing it'll just be another punishment to add to the list of tortures we already suffer in this house. I think I would rather go up against Voldemort on the back of Professor Quirrell's head again than stay here.

Petunia playfully slaps away Dudley's hand as he attempts to put his hand in the freshly made cake to get a lick of the sickening icing "Not now, Bumpkins. It's for when the Masons arrive". The Mason's I forgot that, that was today great another way for both me and Harry to get in trouble for no reason. 

"Which should be any minute now." Uncle Vernon motions for both his wife and son to come over as I move closer to the wall just to hope it would swallow me whole and take me somewhere different. "Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we?" he turns to his wife with a smile "Petunia, when the Mason's arrive, you will be...?" He questions her as she moves to her selective spot in the living room smiling "In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home". 

I try not to hurl as our Uncle nods in approval as he then turns to his only son "Good. And, Dudley, you will be...?" Dudley thinks for a moment before looking at his father with a serious face "I'll be waiting to open the front door." Uncle Vernon claps in happiness that his son remembered to just open a door for the guests, then all of a sudden all three of them turn to where both me and Harry stand against the wall with scornful looks. I gulp as even Gizmo gets uncomfortable under their looks "And you two...?".

"We'll be in our bedroom, making no noise and pretending that we don't exist" Harry speaks for the both of us as Vernon smirks knowing that we better or there would be trouble. "Too right you will. With any luck, this could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my career, and you two will not mess it up". 

Me saying ill try still won't make a difference.