Chapter XI: The Trial by Tale

Start from the beginning

"I agree Hildy you deserve to know, just be cautious, and maybe don't go all out now. We're not supposed to attract attention to ourselves. You can help me find Sophie"

Suddenly, my cheery mood went away as soon as he mentioned Sophie. The flashback hit if they share true loves kiss then everything will changed. I feel sick and sick to my stomach.

"Oh no, you're right. We're not supposed to attract attention to each other. I should go find my friends and see how they're doing..." I turned away, but he followed and grabbed my hand.

"Sorry, Hildy, but we have to stay together. We can help each other. I know things have been awkward, but we should help each other. "

I didn't know what to say he left me with no other choice. "Okay, but can I have my hand back?" I hadn't realised he was still holding my hand. He let go embarrassed. "Oh yeah, sorry," he said, flustered in the face.

~♡~

"For months, I've had this dream of goat like boy bringing me to this place. I dream of this large marble pillar temple it calls me, and it aches."

"Why are you only telling me this now?" tedros walked leaves out of the way. If I'm being honest, I always forget we've been talking on the move for a while Two cannons went off, but we haven't seen anyone in the past, maybe 3 hours for me, at least.

"I didn't think much of it at first. No, I didn't want to. Ahh, it's like I have pieces to an unfinished puzzle I may never put together. "
I sat down huffing, laying my head back on the tree. Tedros gestured for me to get up i simply didn't feel bothered.

He sighed and sat next to me in defeat. "It's tough, right, but you've gotten this far. And you've got plenty of help, so can we please focus on the trial -"

He sounded really comforting, but I began hearing voices and instantly covered his mouth with his hand. Tedros gave me a startled look, but I signalled him to be quiet. Slowly, I removed my hand from his mouth. I peaked from behind the tree bark to see Chaddick and Daphne thank the gods.

It took a moment, but I finally caught my breath. Tedros and I quickly came out of hiding to reveal ourselves. "Chad Daph, we're so glad it's you." I hugged Daphne while Tedros hugged Chaddick.

"Whats. I've been going with you two." Tedros, let go of Chaddick. They shrugged and stuttered on their sentences when Daphne began "Well we ran into Mona rubbing Gideons head."

"While Ravan was knocked out at the bottom of a tree," Chaddick finished. I felt a smile crept on my face. When Daphne pointed it out, "What are you smiling at?"
"That's very cute the way you two finish eachothers sentences."

They both looked flustered. Chaddick scratched his head in embarrassment while Daphne blushed hard. Causing Tedros and I burst into laughter.

"All jokes aside, what happened next?" Tedros asked, recovering from laughing.
"Well, Chaddick wanted to attack, but I reminded him that evil attack good defend"

"Before we knew it, Mona noticed us and started blasting spells at us," Chaddick explained. I had the urge to point out the fact that they were still finishing each other sentences, but I'll let them be this time.

"And then what happened?"
"Gideon woke up and joined Mona. They were trying to kill us, but we ended up getting them out." Chaddick grinned proudly. Daphne rolled her eyes,"Not to mention the fact that Ravan never woke up. "