3. Adoption

Taylor's P.O.V.

I sat in the room for an hour and a half when Dr. Davidson came back in with the bawling baby girl. I took her and she instantly quieted. I looked at Dr. Davidson. "So what's the results?"

"She was born May 13, 2012 at 2:03 a.m. That's this morning." She said.

"What about a name? And does she have any allergies or anything?"

"No name, but I don't know about allergies. You'll have to discover that by trial and error."

I nod. "Thanks." I said and I quickly look at the baby girl in my arms and think. After a minute, I smiled. "I'm adopting her, so her name's Evelyn Piper Swift."

Dr. Davidson smiled and nodded and wrote it on the birth certificate. She handed it to me. "Just go to Town Hall and get everything legalized. Let them know everything from the beginning."

"Thank you so much."

"Of course. I'll set it up for me to be her official pediatrician and you can come see me or call me anytime." She said giving me her business card.

I smiled and ran out to where the officer was sitting in the car waiting for us. "Onto Town Hall. I just have to get everything legalized and she's officially mine." Without a word, he sped off towards Town Hall. I looked down at the baby and smiled. "So, what do you think, Baby Girl? Do you like the name Evelyn Piper Swift?" I asked. She smiled and cooed happily.

-Skip Ahead to After Legalization-

The officer dropped us off at my apartment building and I quickly thanked him. He drove off and I carried my precious baby Evelyn into the building. The man at the lobby desk looked up. "Miss Swift?"

I looked at him. "Yes, Dominic?"

"What's with the baby?"

I laughed. "This is my new adopted daughter Evelyn Piper Swift. She was born early this morning and was dropped off at my doorstep upstairs."

"And so you adopted her."

"Yes."

"Congrats!"

"Thank you. But I need to inform you to inform Mr. Illa that I'll be moving out tomorrow. I can't live in this apartment with my little girl. There's no room."

"Of course, Miss Swift. I'll tell him as soon as he gets in."

"Thanks again." I replied and went up to my apartment. I opened the door then layed Evelyn on the couch surrounding her with pillows. I go to the kitchen and dial my mother to quickly tell her the news.