2. Tests

Taylor's P.O.V.

I sat on the couch with the baby in my arms and just smiled at her. She just stared smiling and making different coo noises. I giggled and layed her on my lap. "Are you a happy baby?" I asked her and she just giggled. That made me giggle again and I stroked her tiny cheek with my finger. My cell phone rings and I pick it up. "Hello?"

"Hey, Sweetheart!"

I laughed. "Hi, Mom." I replied and the baby giggled.

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"That noise in the background. It sounded like a giggle."

I froze. *She heard the baby.* I thought. I sighed and put my finger to my mouth to tell her to be quiet. She just cocked her head and stared. I remembered my mother was on the phone and spoke sighing. "I might as well tell you now."

"Tell me what?"

"Someone left a baby girl, newborn I might add, on my apartment doorstep this morning."

"A baby?!?"

"Yeah." I said and smiled at the baby again. "I called 911 and told them everything. There's an officer on his way to pick us up. He's gonna take us to the nearest hospital so I can have a doctor run some tests on her. Find at least when exactly she was born. The person that left her didn't leave any sort of note or anything. And there was no hospital bracelet to identify if she had a name or anything."

"My goodness! What are you gonna do afterwards?"

"I plan to adopt her. Whoever left her here wanted me to take care of her. Besides, she needs a mother."

"I'm so PROUD of you, Tay. I know you'll be a good mother."

"Thanks, Mom. I just hope Ed will be ok with this."

"I'm sure he will be. That man LOVES you."

"I hope you're right." I said as a knock on the door interrupted me. "I have to go, Mom. The police officer's here."

"Ok. Call me back with what you find out."

"I will, Mom. Bye." I replied and hung up. I picked up the baby and opened the door.

"You must be Miss Swift."

"I am. And this is the baby that was left on my doorstep almost half an hour ago."

"Well, follow me then." The officer replied and I quickly shut and locked the door behind me following him.

He helped me into the passenger seat and then quickly got in speeding off towards the nearest hospital.

It was about fifteen minutes later when we stopped and got out. I held the baby close and ran inside. I told the receptionist everything and he quickly paged a doctor. I was a little surprised when a minute later, the doctor that came out was a female. And I say that because her last name was Davidson. "Hi."

"Come with me." She said and I did.

She led me into a room and told me to sit down in the chair. She took the baby who started crying immediately and I stood up to look at her. "Hey." I said. The baby slowly stopped crying as I stroked her cheek with my finger. "It's ok, Sweety. I'm gonna be right here waiting for you. You're in good hands. I promise." I continued and kissed her forehead. She frowned. "I'll be right here. I promise." I said and Dr. Davidson took her to do the tests.