The goat thought for a moment. Yes!

Sigrid smiled, "Well! It's great to meet you, Roscoe! My name is Sigrid."

Nice to meet you, too, Sigrid!

Sigrid walked away from Roscoe and he quickly followed. She walked down the spiral staircase to shut and lock this window he got open. The latch was broken.

Sigrid looked from the latch to Roscoe. That- that wasn't me...

Sigrid huffed and attempted to shut the window, but it would keep opening slightly. She threw up her hands and said, "Oh well, I'll fix it tomorrow." She began walking up the stairs, "Do you have a place to stay tonight?"

The goat hesitated and held his head down. Yes, but I don't want to go back there...

Sigrid stopped climbing the stairs, "Why not?"

Well... Roscoe looked very sad. I'm afraid the farmers will take me to the slaughterhouse... They take the goats that don't perform up to their expectations there... And since I'm so small...

Sigrid could not stand the thought of a goat dying simply because of their size. "You can't go back there. You can stay here."

Roscoe's little legs kicked out from under him. He slid against the hardwood floors running around the living room. Yes! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Sigrid and Roscoe finally settled in for the night. Roscoe slept on her shag rug, completely knocked out. Sigrid felt comforted that she made her first friend in this city.

In the morning, Sigrid rose well-rested and ready to start her first day of training. She quietly grabbed her gear and got dressed. Roscoe was still fast asleep and she did not want to wake him. Sigrid walked over him and sprinted down the stairs and rushed to the door. She sheathed her sword and swung the door open, only to be greeted by a young woman, who was surprised that the door opened suddenly.

"Woah!" She shouted, "You startled me."

Sigrid was weary at first. The last person she met was the worst person she ever met. Which, to be fair, has not been many. "Who are you?"

"Oh! Right! Intro!" She said, shakingly. The girl was taller than Sig, with a curvaceous build, pale skin, and blue eyes, dressed in gear made of Asgardian steel and animal hide. Her hair was strawberry blonde with a streak of red. "I'm Thrúd. I'm Thor's daughter."

Oh great. Another God. Sigrid thought, ready to verbally fight back.

"I'm sorry," Thrúd said while smiling, "I'm just really excited to meet another Valkyrie in training!"

Sigrid's demeanor changed, and she smiled back. "Oh! I thought I was the only one!" Sigrid's energy matched Thrúd's, "I'm Sigrid."

"I know!" Thrúd cried, "I mean, my grandfather told me all about you. I haven't been stalking you or anything."

"Okay." Sigrid felt a bit awkward and didn't know what to say.

Luckily, Thrúd continued the conversation. "We should get going to the training grounds... Before Hrist and Mist get upset."

"Oh! Right. I can't be late on my first day!" Sigrid walked side-by-side with Thrúd through Gladsheim. "So, what should I expect training with the Valkyries?"

"Well," Thrúd puzzled, "They're very strict and hard to please. Believe me, I tried. They can be very mean and will push you around, but my dad tells me they do that to make you stronger. They want you to not let your emotions get in the way of your ability to fight. If you can handle that, you'll be just fine."