Bonus chapter (1): Siblings shanenigans

"As the older brother, I declare that-"

"Woah there! Aren't you rushing a little bit? We're twins, you're not older than me!" Yanfei pouted

"You were born 2 days after me, therefore, you're younger than me."

We were arguing again, this happens regularly. Very regularly. Maybe too regularly, and it's over the stupidest stuff!

"We're still twins!"

"Ugh, FINE! Let's go ask the others what they think, and then we'll know who has the authority!" I said, before crossing my arms in annoyance

"Fine!" She did the same thing

"Hu Tao! Can you come here for a second!?" We yelled in unison.

"I'm here! Did something bad happen?!"

"Y/n wants to be the older sibling even if we're twins!"

"I was born two days before her!"

"You seriously yelled that much for such a trivial reason? I thought Rex Lapis came back from the dead or something like that!"

"This matter is of high importance!" We replied, still in unison

"Well... I am an only child, so I don't really know much about how siblings act... Why don't you fight to the death? this way you'll have your winner and I'll have a new client~"

"HU TAO!"

*Bonk*

Yanfei hit her playfully on the head

"Stop that! Or else some day you might get in legal trouble because someone thought you were threatening them."

"Fine, fine. Why don't you go ask Xingqiu? He has an older brother, doesn't he?"

"Hmmm... But won't he be in favor of her since she's also a second-born?"

"IM NOT!"

~

*Knock knock*

"Yeah? Who is it at 8 in the morn- Oh, hi Y/n, hi Yanfei! Were we supposed to hang out with the others today?" He had a slightly confused expression

"Yes, but that's in like 13 hours, we would like you to help us settle an urgent matter." I replied, making his expression change to one of curiosity, just like a plot twist suddenly appeared in his favourite book.

"I'm all ears."

"We were having an argument but then she interrupted my point of being the older sibling by saying that we're the same age, even if we're not! I was born two days before her!"

"That doesn't matter! We are still twins!"

"Ah, I see... , twins are defined as two offspring born together, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are born on the same date. Twins can be born on different days depending on the time of day the babies are born and how long the timespan is between each baby's birth. So, in your case, Y/n would be considered the older twin since his birthday comes two days before Yanfei's. I hope this helps you settle your matter."

"Hah! See?!"

"Ugh... Fine, you win!"

"What were you guys arguing about anyways? You're always really close so it must've been something serious to make you this angry at each other." Xingqiu's expression of curiosity hadn't yet disappeared.

...

...

...

"I don't remember..." Yanfei looked at her feet, extremely embarrassed

In that moment I realized how dumb we must've looked.

"Neither do I..."

---------------------

These are bonus chapters, they're going to be at the end of the story since they don't follow its timeline.

Random update: One of the authors of a story I read has just made a new chapter of it called Siblings shenanigans

HOW COOL IS THAT