5: Malignant Masquerade

Start from the beginning

"Um... I think it's best you see for yourself." She walked off as Shuttle followed her to Bob's Ultimate Lab. "Just... Don't freak out when you go in." When the two walked in, the room was a mess. The board was ruined, Bob's Mastermind Possibilities paper was torn apart, everyone's portraits were scribbled over, and the floor was covered in remains of Bob's violin and more ripped papers.

"What— What the fuck?!" Shuttle yelled in disbelief. "What happened here?!"

"I-I don't know! When I came here last night, it was in shambles!" Cele frantically replied. "Hold on, look! There's a little piece of paper taped to the window." She walked up to it and took the paper off.

"Well, what's it say?" Shuttle asked as he looked over Cele's shoulder. She handed the paper to him.

It read, "Someone destroyed my research. I don't know who, but I'm sorry. -Bob"

"So someone else knew that he was trying to find out the mystery of this school?" Shuttle reviewed.

"Seems like it. Judging from how untidy this room is, they were pretty angry that he was." Cele nodded. "Let's just hope Ron doesn't walk in here. The obliterated violin could make him even worse."

"You said it. Maybe we should fix this Lab up to the best we can?" Shuttle offered as Cele nodded. The two spent their time trying to patch up Bob's board and the broken violin. Cele and I got closer today. Shuttle thought.

"Hey, Shuttle." Cele suddenly called out.

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever thought how Bob's been getting all this information?" She asked.

"No, not really. Why?"

"I know he's a ghost and all, but it seems so... Odd. Why is he even helping us? Couldn't he make it easier for everyone to solve?"

"He probably has a reason that we can't think about." Shuttle looked at the apology note from Bob. He sighed and glimpsed back at the badly fixed board. "I think we should finish trying to patch this board up. It's no use."

Cele sighed as well. "Yeah, you're right. It's a lost cause. I'll be in Ariose Hall if you need me."

"All right. I'll be in my room then." Shuttle walked to the exit. He went right to his room and lay on his bed. I feel exhausted... Maybe it was all that work that wore me out. Shuttle thought. Whatever. I'll just get some rest for now... He slowly fell into a deep rest.

---

"Dammit!" A muscular man with mahogany hair, crimson eyes, and tanned skin slammed his fist against a table angrily.

"What is it this time, Kaiser?" A slimmer boy with burnt orange hair that covered his eyes turned to the fired-up man in curiosity.

"Rylan, how are you this calm? I can't get this one piece in!" Kaiser angrily replied. Rylan sighed and walked up to Kaiser as he observed what he was working on. A pipe bomb with open wires.

"You dumbass, it's because you have this one in the wrong place– How did you even force half of it in?!" Rylan screamed in shock.

"Quiet down, you two!" A lady with midnight blue hair tied into a medium, smooth ponytail, and scientist apparel glared at Kaiser and Rylan. Rylan started tugging on the forcefully-shoved piece like he was playing tug-of-war and tumbled onto the ground, crashing into another person.

"Ow!" A girl with brown hair fading to a light blond ombre exclaimed as she held onto a shelf for support.

"Sorry Aria!" Rylan profusely apologized.