Chapter 17

The next morning, they packed to leave. The rental car was fixed and they decided to go the 3 hours back to where they had started. Apparently, Paris was still 3 hours away by car and Liam need to brush up in this map reading skills. "Seriously, Liam?" Eva laughed. "Who told you it was close enough to drive?"

"I thought it looked close!" He said. "Okay, Okay, I'm an idiot! Sorry."

"Well, I still love you, you big idiot. It's kind of nice that you screwed up. This place is amazing." she replied. Suddenly, her phone rang. The caller id said it was the library. Then it hit her! She was supposed to work today. Nobody wanted the day after Christmas. She agreed because they were paying time and a half. Quickly, she walked away from Liam. She answered the phone, her hand shaking. "Hello?"

"Ms. Stuart!" the librarian yelled. "You were due in an hour ago! Where are you!"

"I'm so sorry. I'm in France. My..."

"That is enough! No more warnings. In France! Really, Ms. Stuart. I'm extremely disappointed. You are fired!"

Eva was about to cry. "Please, Please..."

"No! And don't try to get another job on campus, Ms. Stuart. I shall be reporting this to the employment department. Good day!" With that, she hung up.

Eva began to sob. She lost her job. She wasn't going to have any money to spare. "Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!" she thought. How could she be so careless? Should she tell Liam?

Liam noticed her crying and walked over. "What's wrong, Evie? What happen? Is something wrong at home?"

"No." Eva began. "It was the library. I'm...Well, I'm fired."

Grabbing her and pulling her close, he whispered in her ear. "I'm so sorry, Love. It's my fault. I didn't think..."

"I was the one who forgot. It's not your fault." she said. "Let's just get going. There isn't anything I can do right now. I don't want to spoil the trip."

Liam let her out of his hold, grabbed her hand and helped her into the car. He leaned in and gave her a quick kiss. "I'm still sorry. If you need anything, you tell me! I'm not kidding, Evie. Don't try and pull your 'Ms. Independent' crap. Got it?"

"I will." Eva said. "Let's go. We will miss our flight at this rate."

He shut her door and walked to the other side of the car, shaking his head. He knew she wouldn't ask. He was going to have to force her.

..........................................

A few days after they returned, Eva was waiting for Liam to pick her up. Dylan was lounging on the couch, attempting to polish her toe nails. "Stop laughing at me and HELP, Eva!" Dylan yelled.

"Hello?" Liam called. "What's Dylan screaming about now?"

Eva turned and smiled at him. "She's painting her toes. It's pretty funny. Miss Long Legs here is making a mess."

Dylan scowled as Liam walked Eva into the kitchen, shaking his head. "Listen, Love, "he began. "There has been a change of plans. I need to go into the studio today. " Eva frowned, showing her disappointment. "Hey! It's okay. I have a surprise for you. Look!" Liam held out a Visa card. "It's for you. Look, Evangeline Stuart. All yours."

"What? Why?" she asked.

"Well, for one thing, if you are really going to go to events with me, you need some dresses. Also, buy a pair of jeans that fit, for God's sake. Those are so baggy. I know you are listening, Dylan!"

Eva looked over and saw Dylan peek her head over the couch. "Who me? I sure as shit didn't just hear you give her a credit card. You better take, Eva or so help me!"

"I'm not joking. Go shopping. You are going to meet Lou for a haircut at 2. Also, she told me to give you this list," he pulled a piece of paper out of his back pocket. "You need to buy the stuff on here. She's going to give you a makeup lesson."

"I don't want a haircut." Eva pouted.

"Shut up!" Dylan yelled. "Give me that damn card, Liam. I got this." She stomped into the room.

Liam gave the card and list to Dylan. "Go. Shop. Do girl things. Get your nails done." He gave her a quick kiss. "When you are done, call me. We can meet for dinner, okay? I love you. I'll see you in a bit."

"Liam?"

"Yes, Evie?"

"Thank you."

"It's my pleasure, Love. See you later." Liam walked back to the door and was gone.

Dylan began jumping around the room. "We are going SHOPPING! I'm calling the girls. This will take a team." She scanned the list from Lou, the boy's hairdresser. "Oh! She wants you to get the good stuff!"

Eva sighed and let Dylan take over.