13 - Cain and Honey

Previously...

"Who wants to light fireworks while we wait for Jake and Hailey?" Ash asked and Jaycee jumped up, with an arm raised high.

"Henry, Henry, let's go to the balcony!" Jaycee stood up and grabbed Henry by the hand pulling him along towards the balcony. Millicent also quickly followed behind the two as Ash got the fireworks, and Sadie unnoticeably worried for their safety, stood up and followed behind them.

Now...

"Hailey? Jake? Is something wrong?" Liam's mom asked them as they bumped into her.

"Nothing's wrong Mrs. Blume." Jake said.

The brunette woman raised a brow at the youngsters before her gaze landed on their intertwined hands.

"Ah, I see, well I'll be in the kitchen when you need me, you kids enjoy." She hummed to herself happily as she walked to the kitchen.

"You can go to the backyard if you want to talk." A young boy's voice was heard. "You can also talk here if you want to, not that I mind." The two looked around and saw the teen reading a book upside down on a single couch.

"Oh, it's just you Cain, you scared us." Jake chuckled.

"Drop the sweet talk, you have something to talk about with your girlfriend right?" He said. "If you want advice, I'm no adviser, and I'm Gay."

"I swear, he's related to Zan in a way." Jake whispered to the turquoise-haired girl beside him.

"Jake!" Hailey scolded.

"Sorry."

"Hmm, Jake Sterling, 20 years old, born on the 3rd of August of 2028, you're older than Liam then?" He said then started humming, a very old melody that Jake had heard once or twice from when Millicent would randomly pluck her guitar. "And you swing both sides? That's cool."

"Hey, where are you getting that information?" Jake narrowed his eyes at the teen.

"I was joshing, I heard most of those from brother Liam." Cain chuckled, his long light brown hair brushed against the carpet. "Anyway, while they're enjoying playing upstairs, you two are here still talking to me." He raised the book away from his face.

"Cain? Who are you talking to?" A sleepy blue-eyed teenager walked down the stairs and walked into the living room. "Are they brother Liam's friends?"

"Yeah, did something wake you up sis?"

"Someone's beautiful singing did, her voice was filled with sadness but at the end, her tone became a slightly lively one." Hailey blushed. "I haven't gone to Brother's room yet, so I do not know who was singing."

"The 'I can't Love alone' one? Yeah, she has a pretty voice." Cain said then lowered the book to his face.

"Why do you always indulge yourself in reading Sherlock Holmes books? You'll become like big brother Ash." The blonde sighed and turned to Jake and Hailey. "Oh my, pardon me! My name's Honey!" She held out both of her hands as the two were still holding hands.

"Jake." Jake shook her left hand with his right.

"Hailey." Hailey shook her right hand with her left.

"Nice to meet you!" She said with a curt bow. "I'll return to my room now, Cain you go to bed now too." She told the younger.

"I will~" Honey nodded at him and waved goodbye to them. "Alright!" Cain tipped the chair over backward to land on his feet easily, stood up, and put the chair back to its feet again. "Bye lovebirds~" He skipped away continuing his humming.

"I take that back, he can be like Zander, sometimes, this kid always has blackmail material." Jake followed Cain with his gaze before he disappeared into the kitchen.

"He's like Liam, he's kind of unpredictable, don't you agree?"

"Well, that's actually true." Jake smiled at her and then lead her to the back porch.