L.D 001

Holy Lyre Der Himmel

"Huh? Were looking a Mondstadt artifact now?"

The voice was full of disbelief and amusement as he quickly recognized the name of Mondstadt's most prized artifact of their archon.

A treasure that once belonged to Barbatos, the Anemo Archon, but its Anemo power has all dried up. The Holy Lyre der Himmel was the lyre that the Anemo Archon, Barbatos, used to play. It is used in Ludi Harpastum and requires signed documents from the Grand Master, Seneschal, and Community Representative to be used otherwise. According to Venti, the frame is made of rosewood, with a pattern of flowing wind carved into it.

Many eyebrows were raised at the last sentence. A simple bard was able to look at a prized artifact up close and personal to know what it's made of and what pattern was carved into it? It's plain ass suspicious.

Though one look at a tipsy Venti downing another bottle of wine was enough to dismiss their thoughts. Though if they knew that the disgusted Liyue man sitting next to him who sighed at the bard was the Geo Archon, they wouldn't have dismissed it as fast as lightning.

Ludi Harpastum

The Ludi Harpastum is a festival celebrated annually in Mondstadt. The festival spans 15 days, and is typically filled with games and music. It is one of the festivals in Mondstadt with the longest history. 

'15 days????'

It was the collective thought of disbelief from everyone not a Monstadter.

The Ludi Harpastum is known for having 15 days of games and joy, the most famous festival among the children. The Ludi Harpastum is a carnival of songs, wine and flight, which are the very things Mondstadt considers their trademarks.

Zhongli hummed in amusement as he knew it fitted Venti to much. Like nation like Archon apparently. While sweet Nahida gleamed at the knowledge of her fellow Archon's festivals, gaining fond looks from the rest of the archons watching over her.

The champion of the games gets to choose a maiden who, at the climax of the festival, throws the Harpastum — a round ball wrapped up with red cloth — into the crowd. The one who picks it up will be blessed with a year of fortune and happiness. The Holy Lyre der Himmel is also used in the festivities. Ludi Harpastum was established in commemoration of how Barbatos, the Anemo Archon, taught his people to brew wine and live freely. It was a festival meant for all people to enjoy.

The archons who knew Venti well could only internally sigh resignedly at the mention of wine.

However, by the time of Vennessa's rebellion a thousand years before Aether's adventure, Barbatos had long departed to avoid becoming a tyrant like his predecessor, while the aristocracy that ruled Mondstadt grew corrupt and abused their power. Under their reign, Ludi Harpastum was transformed into an event enjoyed only by the wealthy elites. The head of the Lawrence Clan, the foremost clan among the aristocracy, cared not for the enjoyment of the people and canceled all the games, leaving only the climax of the harpastum. However, only Lord Lawrence's son, Barca Lawrence, had the right to touch that harpastum. Anyone else who dared even approach the ball would immediately face torture. Furthermore, Barca was also given the rights to take the maiden who will throw the harpastum home.

While Venti looked tipsy and in a daze, Aether, Ei, and Zhongli who knew him somewhat and was seated closer to him, ignored the chilly gaze of the god of freedom as he heard of the past tyranny of Mondstadt's aristocrats.

Other nations were confused and worried at the amount of chaos and disorder it would bring if their respective archons just left them alone. However, Mondstadt was living proof that a nation without their archon's guidance could still thrive despite having a terrori- I mean, a few troubles around.

When [] (the form Barbatos takes while traveling the world) awakens to the pleas of those suffering under the aristocracy's tyranny, he arrives in Mondstadt during the climax of Ludi Harpastum.

The information that Barbatos had taken on a human form to travel around the world immediately jolted everyone in surprise.

"Lord Barbatos?!"

At some point in time, the aristocracy built a tall tower in the Anemo God Statue Plaza from which the maiden would throw the ball. [] surmises it was for the maiden's safety due to the crowds, but how accurate this assumption was is unknown. After Vennessa's rebellion and the banishment of the aristocracy, Ludi Harpastum was restored to its original glory, while the tower that the maiden would throw the ball from was dismantled.

"Page Holy Lyre Der Himmel of the Quest Items file and page Ludi Harpastum of the Festivals : Mondstadt file has ended."