𝟐𝟗. 𝐁𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Celestial Guardian was in charge of it before that incident with Master Fu." Plagg said going back in holding the block of cheese taking a bite, he sighs with a smile. "How did you find us?" Adrien asked.

"The guardians' staffs hold compasses that allow the boxes to be tracked at all times." Su-Han said showing Adrien the compass inside his staff. "What? Why didn't I get a staff?" Adrien asked looking at the staff with a pout making Daphne playfully roll her eyes.

"Because every guardian has gone through heavy training and earned it when they finished that task kinda like a graduation." She said both couple. "Maybe Su-Han can teach you some stuff that he learned, that is if you want to." Daphne said looking at Su-Han who bows.

"It would be an honor to teach the new guardian but the reason I also came is because there's terrible news." Su-Han said with a look of worried his hands clench. "What is it?" Daphne asked, Adrien takes hold on her hand as they both gasp hearing Su-Han's next words from his mouth.

____

Daphne stares out the window her hands trembling flashbacks of her past coming to her head, her people screaming in pain as they fight Valtor's followers and her father fighting Valtor.

"As long as he doesn't have my blood to break from his prison we'll be fine." She whispers to herself remembering what Su-Han had told them this morning.

___Flashback

"Valtor's statue is gone from the palace dungeon, someone had broken in and took it." Su-Han said and the couple eyes widen in shock.

"What?!" They said standing up. "But how is that possible? My father give his life for that dungeon to never be open, his part of magic had made sure no one was to go in our out. Not even I could go near it in fear of getting shocked or killed." Daphne said as she holds her head stressing out as she walks in the living room a burst of yellow magic hits a wall it changed into a blue color.

"Was anyone hurt?" She asked remembering how guards would look after the doors to make sure no one pass, Su-Han shakes his head. "Good, have you guys found out who it was that took Valtor?"

"One of the guards said they couldn't see a face but what they know it was a follower of Valtor because they had a symbol of him." Su-Han said and Daphne nods.

"They're getting bolder every time, I fear they won't take long in trying to get my blood to break his prison." Daphne said and Adrien looks worried.

"Which is why you should move out of Paris and go back to the palace where we can keep you safe all the time." Su-Han said and Daphne sighs. "I can't, I can't leave without Nooroo while his in the hands of that monster." She said.

"Look I promise once Hawk moth is defeated and Nooroo is back to us, I will visit the palace." She adds seeing Su-Han trouble look but sighs standing up with a bow.

"Very well, I'll let the council know of your decision to stay." Su-Han said and Daphne nods watching him take his leave.

_____End flashback

Daphne jumps a little when she felt arms wrapped around her from behind, she smiles leaning back.

"I'll always keep you safe, I promise." Adrien whispers letting the moonlight shine on them as they stay silent. "How did it go with Conner? Did you figure out what was wrong?" She asked and he nods with a smile.

"But everything is fine now, I cheered him up and he said he wanted something to eat maybe watch a movie together." He said and she smiles with a nod.

"How about some take out?" Daphne suggested and he nods taking his phone out. "I'll order while you and Conner pick a movie." He said and Daphne smiles nodding.

Daphne knocks on Conner's room and heard him say come in, he was looking through some stuff in the drawer. He turns around and smiles at her showing a movie he picked, Daphne smiles back holding her hand out for him to take and head back to the living room where they'll be watching the movie.

As Daphne puts on the movie, Conner was in deep thought.

"Mom." Conner said and Daphne hums. "Yeah." She said.

"Why did Lola had to go?" He asked and Daphne turns around. "Let me guess, your friend left Paris?" She asked and he nods with a frown holding his hands together.

"Maybe she was only here for a family visit, vacation or something and they had to go back home." Daphne said as she crawls to his side hugging him. "But I still wanted to play, she was my friend." He mumbled as he hugs her back.

Daphne smiles sadly. "Sometimes special people come into our lives, stay for a bit and then they have to go." She said as she rubs his back feeling her shirt wet knowing that he was crying.

"But that's sad." He mumbled through her shirt and she nods. "It is.. but the bit they were in was happy wasn't it?" She asked and Conner pulls back smiling at her wiping his tears.

"Yeah, we caught a lot of butterflies together." He said and Daphne kiss his forehead smiling.

"Maybe that makes it all worth it." She said and she looks up when Adrien comes in the living room holding two pizza boxes putting them on the small table, he takes a seat beside Conner on the other side.

The little family look at the tv as it starts to play is theme, Conner looks at his parents with him in the middle. "Will I ever see her again?" Conner asked his parents.

Adrien chuckles. "You never know, the world is a magical place." He said and Conner smiles with a nod now paying attention to the movie, a butterfly flying on the scene.