A Week in the Life

(Hou is the picture above)

A week had passed since 'the Hickey of Doom Incident', as Jade liked to call it. Training had gotten into full swing. Shifu was pulling no punches, training Jade and the Five from sunrise until sunset. Sometime during the week, word of Tai-lung's escape had reached the public. Then rumors about him started spreading.

Tai-lung had been spotted in the Yang province, until no, he had instead been sighted in Xu. Accounts differed from person to person, but no one at the Jade Palace paid any heed to them. Tai-lung would get there when he would get there, and when he did, they would be ready. Or rather, Jade would be ready because she knew the future. Everyone else would be doing kung fu in the dark.

Rampant discontent could be felt throughout the Valley of Peace, as Jade had observed when she descended from the Jade Palace to visit Mr. Ping.

Since her arrival, Mr. Ping had become the father figure she had never had. Every few days she would go to visit him, eat some noodles and talk about life. Sometimes he would give her advice, and that was what she really needed in her strange situation.

Currently, Jade was in her room at the barracks, trying to write down all her knowledge of the Kung fu Panda franchise in a green spiral notebook she had in her backpack when she had fallen out of the sky. It was proving more difficult than she would like.

"Okay, so the Legends of Awesomeness series took place from 2011 to 2016, which was the span of time between the second and third movies. That means the events of the series could have taken place anytime after the second movie, which means that on top of Shen and Tai-lung, I might have to deal with series villains like Tong-fo and Temutai before I even get to Kai... and of course I don't remember every episode because I haven't watched this show since I was in elementary school... fuck, this is hard!", Jade mumbled to herself as she tried to organize the events of the future in her head, dropping the black gel pen she had been writing with onto the table and gripping her scalp in frustration.

She was making herself write everything down so she wouldn't forget anything important. Kung fu Panda may have been a kids show, but now that she was living in it, things likely weren't going to be as tame as they had appeared to her as a child. A bit of information could be the difference between life or death for some people.

Jade shook her head and continued writing. Even if she hated it, she had to make sure she had everything in order. A single date or fragment of information could mean the difference between life or death for someone. She couldn't afford to slack off.

'Which reminds me, I still need to figure out how the hell I know all this kung fu trivia. Seriously, it's like I'm an encyclopedia or some shit. Not that it's not useful, but it's still really fucking weird.', Jade thought as she finished up the section on the second movie. Now it was onto the mess that was Legends of Awesomeness. She groaned and turned to the next page of her notebook, but quickly closed it when she heard her door open from behind her. Jade looked behind her and saw a glaring Laofu.

"Dinner's ready.", he announced, before slamming the door shut and marching off. Jade sighed at his hostility, but she didn't blame him.

He had been cold to her ever since she gave him a hickey. Before he had clearly been angry, but now she wasn't sure what he was feeling. Laofu was avoiding her whenever possible and barely talking to her when he had to, yet being surprisingly cordial. He never took the chance to shoot insults or snide remarks. In fact, he seemed almost... nervous around her.

Jade shook her head for what felt like the millionth time that day. There was no use getting caught up in little things like who was or wasn't insulting her. Tigress didn't fully accept Po until he defeated Tai-lung, so Laofu wouldn't accept her until she did the same.