GUESS WHAT GUYS

THIS FIC IS BACK IN BUSINESS HOORAY

"Woah!" Lightbulb gasped as she was thrown from the tightrope.

She grabbed it before she fell too far and swung back up.

"Nice recovery, Lightbulb!" Taco called from the far side.

"Thanks!" Lightbulb shouted back. For being mainly yellow coded, she had been placed on the supposed "X coloured team" with a few other individuals like Blocky, Flower, Firey, Woody, Taco, Spongey, and a seemingly famous dude named Loser.

She mainly watched from behind while the two people in front battled to the death—nevermind. It was more like watching two inanimate objects fight more than anything.

So Lightbulb stepped back.

Her shoulder felt relatively light. She looked down at it and found that she had a shoulder, but not a Baxter.

Her eyes widened as she frantically looked around. He wasn't on the ground. He wasn't on her head. He wasn't anywhere.

There came a shrill scream from down below.

"EW! GET IT OFF!" she heard.

Followed by a patter of footsteps up a flight of stairs. The tightrope under Lightbulb's feet began to shake and she found herself struggling to stay upright.

Suddenly she was plowed into, and she was plummeting straight towards the ground.

One of the few precise things she was able to see was a green head of hair. Not a leaf in sight.

"Testy, look out!" Lightbulb shouted.

Test Tube briefly looked up and her eyes widened.

A portal opened up just before she hit the ground, and they were both pulled in.

And the contestants kept playing like nothing happened.

It was like they were never even there.

II

So far, they had gotten nowhere.

They had spent days and days trying to figure out the mystery of their friends. But all Fan had was a note on his phone full of otherwise useless information, and all Paintbrush had was a mix of stress and anger building up on their shoulders.

They had taken up painting to get their mind off of the whole thing.

Paintbrush tossed another burnt canvas to the corner of their hotel room when Fan burst in.

"When are you going to realize that you have hands to knock on a door for a reason?" they sighed.

"I think I've finally gotten something!" he announced, shifting his weight in between his feet. Whatever it was, it must have been exciting and useful.

"What is it, Fan?" they asked, sitting up with anticipation.

"I just asked MePhone to recover Lightbulb and Test Tube, and it didn't work!" Fan said.

"So they're obviously not dead," Paintbrush concluded, "so what?"

"The problem is that they're alive. If they're on the move right now, it's going to make them harder to find! That is, unless they've left clues. And what better place to look for clues other than Test Tube's lab!?"

Paintbrush raised an eyebrow, intrigued.

"I feel like you're onto something," they said.

"Of course I am! I'm a genius! Ha!"

Fan bounced out of the room, leaving Paintbrush to trail behind themself.

In the lab, everything was just as they had left it last time. All sorts of papers and materials were still all over the place, and any clue there could've been was buried under the mess.

"It's all the same as last time," Paintbrush pointed out.

"There has to be something we can use to figure it out!" Fan muttered to himself as he dropped to the floor and began sifting through the mess.

All that was on the papers were observations of other projects Test Tube had conspired. None of them seemed like they had a key role in the disappearance.

Fan was ready to give up not long after.

But when he stood up, his hands and knees were coated in a sort of black dust. It wasn't like anything he had ever seen.

"Paintbrush," Fan said, turning to his friend, "what's this stuff?"

"It might just be dust," Paintbrush said, even though they still stepped closer to get a better look.

"That's not possible! Test Tube would never have a dusty lab. It would contaminate everything."

Fan walked over to the counter and brushed off his hands over it, sprinkling the dust over the otherwise clean counter. He leaned against it, defeated.

"Hey Fan, check this out!"

Paintbrush had a paper in their hands, and the look on their face made it obvious that this was something new.

"What is it?" Fan asked, moving to get a better look.

It was a drawing. Test Tube wasn't that good at drawing, but the things in the picture were clear.

A calculator with a string of numbers on its screen, and a portal.

it's kinda short but hey it's something at least

anyw where do you think lightbulb and test tube went next!?!?