Chapter 14

It's Jazzy! Exams are here for Rowan and I, so our update schedule(s) may be a little funky. Also, a shitload of immigrants (aka my "relatives") are coming and living at my house for like 4 fucking months. And by shitload I mean like 20 people. And they are ALL going to want to use my computer, so I will apologize in advance for any updating difficulties that may occur. Sorry! But enjoy!

***(Hermione's POV in 3rd Person)***

Breaking News:

Fake or True Love?

The muggleborn war heroine recently got married this previous summer to son of a death eater Draco Malfoy. Witnesses at this wedding reported that the couple didn't look too thrilled at the alter. What to make of this? They were spotted again, at Platform 9 3/4, boarding the famous Hogwarts Express. They maintained their distance from each other and rarely spoke. But, the pair was seen in Hogsmeade yesterday, alone, chatting happily with each other from a secluded spot in the Three Broomsticks. Both disappeared under the table at some point. Due to the floor-length tablecloth, our reporters were unable to see what was going on under the table. But we sure can guess what was going on! They resurfaced to the top of the table after a few minutes, looking love-struck and dazed. What exactly happened under the table? Is this the start of a juicy relationship or a major flop? See Page 6 for more details.

Hermione sighed, folding up the newspaper, and set it on the table in front of her in the Great Hall, taking a bite of her pancakes, and looking around. Weird. People were exchanging money, holding up their own copies of the news. They looked extremely happy or depressed. Hermione let it go, thinking that they were betting on a Quidditch match or something. But Hermione could care less. Her mind was still on the Daily Prophet. When she finally decided to go read the Daily Prophet again (after all the lies they said about Harry), this is what they go and do.

"Hermione? Did you read this?" Ginny nudged Hermione with her hand, showing her another copy of the Daily Prophet.

"Yeah."

"So...what happened yesterday?"

"I don't know," Hermione admitted ruefully, a faint blush tracing across her checks. "We, uh, kissed. But I don't know if he likes me or if it was a spur of the moment thing."

"You KISSED him?" Ginny squealed, getting the attention of a few people around her, who gave her curious looks.

"It was more like he kissed me."

"He KISSED you?" Ginny repeated, correcting her mistake. "Did you like it?"

"Umm...yeah. It was really sweet and romantic. But I still don't know if he likes me." Hermione replied.

"Of COURSE Draco likes you, Hermione. If he didn't, believe me, he would NOT have kissed you." Ginny said.

At the sound of his name, Hermione's eyes automatically searched the hall for Draco's face. She found him sitting at the Slytherin table. His eyes met hers, and he held up the Daily Prophet for her to see, raising his eyebrows questioningly. Hermione nodded, and Draco made a motion with his hands to tell Hermione to meet him in the hallway outside of the Great Hall.

"Hey, I'll be right back, guys." Hermione said to her friends, who nodded in response.

Hermione walked out of the Great Hall, and strode up to

Draco.

"Did you see the Daily Prophet today?" Draco asked as Hermione stopped in front of him.

"Yeah," Hermione replied. "The whole school must have seen it by now."