Book 2, chapter 1 and Author's note

Start from the beginning

"You've been granted bail."

Shraddha's eyes further to the man wanting to shoot her who hid himself from everyone. Before she could call out his name, the silent revolver dispatched a bullet into her stomach and she fell off.

A gloaming, black cloud engulfed the blue sky distributing a strong gush of wind that exploded. The city from afternoon turned like evening. In Anand's house, Poonam and Riddhima were with Lakshmi in Anand's room. They were showing her the last photo album of their mother which was there. One by one, Shraddha and Anand's pictures fell off the wall. The glass on them cracked as they land on the floor.

"Mother's pictures!" Riddhima's voice earned her a glare from her Aunt and Poonam. Poonam gripped her hand tightly and said.

"She is not our mother. She is only father's wife."

"I've accepted her. She has become my mother. She's nice."

"I'm tired of this behaviour Riddhima. You choose who you want to maintain a relationship with. Her, or me! If you choose her, be certain I'll never speak to you again." Poonam voiced with a serious voice.

The weight of the decision made Riddhima speechless. She couldn't choose one and leave one.

"Your silence implies you're choosing me." Poonam smiled.

~~~~~****~~~~~

"I withdrew the complaint for your sake." Riya told her brother.

Anand's mind was preoccupied that he didn't hear what she said. He has planned out everything. He wanted to make everything right. He told himself when Shraddha will walk in through the door, he would propose and ask her to marry him again. This time around, he will perform all the ceremonies and rituals to suit her beliefs. They won't skip any so that they will stand by each other's side for a lifetime. He will give her so much happiness and will try to divert her mind from her mother's death. They will also move out of his home. He said there was no way they would live in an environment where she wasn't respected or trusted.

He anxiously stared at the door. His blood stuck on his finger as he waited. It was going to rain for them. For their new beginning.

All he wanted was for her to arrive at the station safely.

The commissioner held Riya's hand and took her to his office after he arrived and saw Anand's eagerness that was visible to everyone as he waited for his wife.

"What happened? Where is she?" Riya enquired sensing something was wrong from the long face he wore.

"I don't know how to break the news to Mr Anand. Sadly, his wife fell into the sea. The rescue team took a long time to reach there, and," He paused to catch his heavy breath. Riya stared coldly with thin lips.

"And?" She questioned, eager to hear if she died.

"The rescue team are there, but can't enter the water until the weather stabilizes. As you know, it's not safe to go into the water during winds or when it is pouring. It will rain at any moment. We will have to wait. The sea is deep and broad. She can't be found at once. However, the police and search team are all over the area."

"Is there a chance for survival? Can she be found alive?" she feigned her sympathy to find out or she would complete the task herself.

"I'm sorry for both of your losses. Do explain it to your brother." he whispered while looking down.

After she stepped out, she laughed silently while having tears in her eyes. A part of her was sad while another was happy. A part of her was glad divine justice fell on Shraddha that avenged her daughter's death. She didn't believe a word from the man that testified Shraddha wasn't part of the kidnapping. Ranbir told her he may have been bought by Anand to clear his wife's name since he was still in denial the innocent-looking Shraddha was capable of kidnapping. However, another part wanted her to have an easy death not by drowning even though she made her daughter die from starvation.

She wasn't planning to share the news with her brother keeping in mind if he learns about the incident, he would make sure the rescue team goes into the water even if there will be a flood in the city or he himself will go in judging by the great concern he has adopted from the blue for her-who he recently met.

"I'll say she managed to escape and went on the bus to Ladnun." having that on her mind, she went to him and gently placed her hand on his shoulder.

"What did the commissioner say?" Anand asked. He was aware when he came and took her in.

"Shraddha returned to Ladnun. We waited, but she wasted our time. I hope she will never show up again. Let's go home. Let's go home and mourn my daughter's death Anand. Shraddha isn't worth us or our time. We...."

After he turned and sent her a ferocious glare, she went silent.

"Who is stopping you from going? You should have left since. I didn't keep you here. And for Shraddha, I'll meet her in Ladnun. We will return together."

"In this weather?" she inquired.

He got up and left without answering her question. There was a strong wind outside which was eradicating people's stuff and transporting them. Trees danced like they were going to fly. Nonetheless, Anand told himself he won't let the weather be an obstacle for him.

Do vote and comment💞. Cheers to a new beginning💞💞💞💞.