002

Taylor wiped the bottom of her shoes as she bent her knees, getting ready to receive the ball. It was currently 16-18, they were losing but Taylor knew they'd catch up.

The opposing team served, the ball flew towards Kyana. "Mine, mine!" She yelled, making sure everyone knew it was hers.

"Alright, alright, that's it! Get behind the ball Kyana, good, good!" Our coach yelled from the sideline. Kyana gave a perfect pass to where Leslie was. She jumped into the air, dumping the ball over the net and it hit the ground before the other team could get it.

17-18.

"Yes! Good dump babe!" Taylor exclaimed, beaming as she went into the middle of the court to pat her teammates backs.

"Okay, Tay, you're up!" Austin spoke, tossing her the ball. They were in 6-2 and it's rotation two, Taylor's turn to serve. She's an outside hitter.

She grabbed the ball, bouncing it three times quickly before spinning it in her right hand many times as she looked at her coach for the signal on where to serve.

He held up a thumbs up, that means to serve to six. She took two steps before tossing the ball into the air and jumping, hitting the ball and creating a floater. It was her favorite serve to do.

It flew over the net and right to her target. The girl receiving it got behind the ball and created a perfect pass to their setter. She set it up for their outside.

"Cover!"

Leslie and Scarlett did their approach to block. The opposing teams outside hit the ball hard into the net.

18-18.

"Okay, good. Now don't get too cocky ladies, we're only tied!" Our coach yelled, pointing to Leslie specifically. Leslie laughed, "I'm not being cocky." She mumbled.

"Good serve babe, keep it up." Teagan spoke, winking at Taylor. Taylor laughed vaguely, "I will." She replied.

Taylor repeated her routine before jump serving to a different spot, five this time. The girl shanked it, their libero ran after the ball but stopped because it hit the ref.

19-18.

The ref grabbed the ball and tossed it over to Taylor, who was standing on the line. Waiting for the ball.

Once she's received the ball she once again performed her serving routine. Serving it and earning an ace from a miscommunication in the back row from the other team.

20-18.

Taylor got her serve over the next time but her team messed up, assuming the ball was out when it was in. The other team served until it was 20-22.

This team wasn't good and Taylor was unsure on how they were losing. But sure enough, they won the game. They gave high fives and made their way back to the chairs to grab their stuff.

"Okay, so when's our next game?" Sawyer asked our coach, chugging her water. "Okay, let's see. It's 10 now right? Yes, it's 10. Well our next is around 1. Actually at 1 I think. We have to wait for everyone to finish their pool play games and then for the tournament bracket to be set up." Our coach explained.

Taylor nodded, "Alright, that sounds good. What's everyone doing? Are you guys gonna go get food or something?" She asked, bending down to grab her backpack and water bottle.

"Funny one Tay."

"What?" Taylor asked confused. "Fuck you mean what? We're obviously going to watch Cam Wilder play. He's literally next door to us right now!" Jordan exclaimed.