Chapter 5: A Band in Union

The band - Reverie, as lively and chaotic as ever, descended upon Sana's apartment like a storm. Their boisterous energy filled the cosy sanctuary, acting as a shield against the harsh realities that had been plaguing them for the past few days. Together, they turned the sombre silence into a whirl of noise and life.

Mingyu, the band's effervescent drummer and resident comic relief, was the first one through the door. With a trademark grin plastered on his face, he made a beeline for Sana. However, the concern etched on his features couldn't be missed. He nearly knocked her over in his rush to envelope her in a bear hug, his drumsticks protruding awkwardly from his back pocket.

"Sana! Are you okay? You should've seen my face when I heard the news!" he exclaimed, pulling away and holding her at arm's length. His eyes bore into hers with a worry that was both heartwarming and a tad comical.

"And when I find out who leaked this...," he began, clenching his fist and raising it in the air, only to deflate when Sana let out a soft giggle. He sighed dramatically, his frown replaced by a playful grin as he dropped his fist, the tension in the room visibly lessening at his antics.

As Mingyu was in full protective-older-brother mode, promising a lesson to anyone who dared hurt Sana, Eunwoo detached himself from the bustling scene. The keyboardist found solace in a quiet corner, his lean frame resting against the cool wall. With his phone in hand, he scrolled through the onslaught of posts, comments, and speculations filling their social media channels. His expression was calm, but his gaze was sharp, a clear indication of the strategising storm brewing within him.

"Mingyu," Eunwoo spoke, without shifting his gaze from the screen, his voice carrying a hint of amusement, "please don't give us more trouble with your violence tendencies."

His quip, however, did nothing to extinguish Mingyu's fiery protective instincts. If anything, the drummer's stance only stiffened at Eunwoo's words, a determined look replacing his previous worry.

Surveying the scene was Jaehyun, the band's stoic bassist and de facto peacekeeper. His thoughtful gaze moved from Mingyu's fierce protectiveness to Eunwoo's calculated planning and finally settled on Jungkook's silent concern. Amidst the swirl of emotions, Jaehyun was a soothing anchor, his presence providing a sense of stability. His concern for Sana was evident in the softness of his smile, but his steady demeanour radiated reassurance.

Jaehyun, choosing his moment, gently broke his silence. His tone was light, almost playful, as he floated a speculative theory into the room. "That ex-boyfriend of yours, Sana..." He began, a teasing note in his voice, "...who knows, maybe he's the one who went public with this." He paused, letting his words simmer in the air before adding, 

"As a grand gesture to win you back."

Jaehyun's speculation hung in the air, a balloon of intrigue. The air within the room seemed to flutter as they digested this new theory, each contemplating it from their own perspectives.

Mingyu, quick to react, gasped, "Shit, that could be true. If that's the case, Sana, promise me you won't ever consider going back to him!"

His fervent reaction spurred a small chuckle from Sana. Despite the situation, she couldn't help but find their exaggerated speculations amusing. "Alright, guys, let's not let our imaginations run too wild."

Jungkook, until now mostly a silent observer, crossed his arms, an uncharacteristic hint of irritation flitting across his face. The mere thought of Taehyung manipulating things behind the scenes to win Sana back sat poorly with him. He kept his tone even as he said, "Well, we can't rule anything out. And if that's the case, we'll handle it."

His words, while concise, carried a strong underlying resolve that reflected his protectiveness over Sana and his determination to not let any harm come to the band or its members. His voice, usually soothing and light, had an edge to it now, the seriousness of the situation clearly weighing on him.