We stood there staring at each other until I cleared my throat and looked down at Sekani. "Came to bring Sekani back."

"Obviously," He chuckled while stepping aside and I rolled my eyes softly pushing Sekani inside the house.

"Is his dad here?" I asked while pointing at Sekani and he nodded.

"In the kitchen."

I didn't plan on going inside but I did want to at least greet Joel. I walked inside and placed Sekani's bag on the counter as I walked in the kitchen. I saw Joel standing over the stove and the smell of some food hit my nose instantly.

"Hey Mr Joel," I waved. He turned his head and his straight face cracked into a smile when he saw me.

"Hey Syira, how are you? How was the weekend?"

"I'm good weekend was good, just came to bring him back," I shrugged and he nodded. "I just wanted to speak, I'm about to go now."

"You can't come speak to your mom too?" I heard my mom's voice making me mentally roll my eyes. I turned around and saw her standing by the stairs with her arms crossed.

"Hey," I said dryly.

"Mhm.."

Not knowing what else to say, I decided to bring up the fact that she sent me money. "You accidentally sent me 100 dollars?"

"It wasn't an accident but since you sent it back, I'll just keep it," She shrugged.

As if she did something. That lil ass hunnid dollars.

"Oh okay," I nodded before heading towards the door.

"Really!?" She yelled making me turn around looking at her like she was crazy, which she is. She looked at me with a mug on her face and her hand on her hip.

"Sadi—"

"No! I don't like your attitude Syira!" She yelled, interrupting Joel.

"What attitude?" I tilted my head. "I don't have an attitude.. I'm literally just leaving."

"For what? To go where? You acting as if I did something to you!" She said and I couldn't even believe what she was saying. Is she okay? Like seriously.

"Do you have memory loss?" I asked and she jerked her head back.

"What?"

"Do you have memory loss?" I asked again. "Because it seems like you forgot everything. You're standing there tryna play dumb and guilt trap me into thinking that I'm wrong for not speaking to you but I'm not. You put me through hell in my teenage years, I didn't even get to live my life until I moved out. You literally fought me, then you tried to stab Samir and I don't even know how his dumbass can stay in the same house with you after that."

Samir chuckled and I looked at him with a mug. "Fuck is funny?" I said and he shook his head walking off.

"First of all, I apologized for all of that. You're holding grudges and acting as if I'm the worst mother in the world. Family goes through things but you don't get that! You're so ungrateful Syira. After everything I did for you?" She said.