𝟑𝟓

thank you guys for 116k reads ❤️

𝐒𝐘𝐈𝐑𝐀 𝐊'𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄, 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀
𝟽:𝟻𝟺 𝙿𝙼

"Did you have fun this weekend Kani?" I asked while quickly glancing back at Sekani since I came to a stop light. He looked up from his IPad and nodded putting his thumbs up and I smiled looking back at the road.

"Turn your iPad off and talk to me. What was your favorite part?" I said.

"Ummmm icecream!" He exclaimed. "And Mani!"

"Emani?"

"Yes. Ifwaymani," He said and I just nodded as if I could understand him.

"Did you like jumping around?" I said referring to the trampoline park we went to. We went to Skyzone today then Cheesecake Factory after.

"Yes! I miss you."

"Ima miss you too Kani. I'll see you next next time and we play more okay?" I reassured him and he nodded.

I always made sure to pay a lot of attention to Sekani and take him places when I had him because I know my mom barley did considering the fact that she's always working and he's probably always with a babysitter.

It's kind of weird now that I'm out of my mom's house and I don't have Sekani that much because when I did live with her, my whole world revolved around Sekani, if that makes sense. So I'm still getting used to not seeing him everyday.

"We play wih Tinka and Mani?" He asked.

"Mhm.." I mumbled though I wasn't sure about Emani. That's something we'll just have to consider.

I soon pulled up to my mom's house and huffed lowly when I saw her car along with another in the driveway. All the lights inside were also on so I know she's home. But I'm planning on making this a quick trip in and out of her house, no conversation needed.

"Cmon Kani," I said while unbuckling him out of his car seat. I picked him up and placed him on the ground. "Stay here," I had to tell him knowing he sometimes runs away so sneakily.

I grabbed his bag and the leftover food he didn't eat at the Cheesecake Factory before closing the door. I threw his bag over my shoulder and grabbed his hand with my free one and we started to walk towards the front door.

"We go home?" He asked looking up at me while pointing at the house.

"Yeah, you go home.." I nodded and he frowned.

"You come?"

"Unt unt I'm not coming. I'm going to my home and you go to yours and I'll come for you next time okay?" I told him. This was something that he was starting to ask a lot more often.

"Why?" He asked and I sighed. Damn this lil boy real curious for a 2 year old.

"That's just how life is," I shrugged dismissively and he nodded before looking back down at his iPad.

We got to the door and I knocked and waited for someone to open it. After a few seconds the door opened and Samir stood there, his face dropped when he saw me as if I did something to him.