"Ahem," Abby suddenly appeared at their side, a funny look playing in her eyes. "Let's not get into to what work I may or may not have had done, okay?"

Clarke felt her jaw slip slightly. Say what now? No way. "Oh, we are so coming back to this," she told her, pointing her finger and shaking her head.

Lexa's lips stretched into a warm smile as she nodded, letting her gaze drop to the ground and finally let go, moving to step away.

Immediately Clarke's hand shot back, capturing Lexa's wrist, and holding it in place. Though it was hard to explain, everything that was happening was making her spin and Lexa's grip was grounding. After a quick glance, Lexa returned her hand, but again, let her eye's drop.

"You know," Abby said softly as she stared, shaking her head lightly. "Somehow, I feel like I owe you an apology, Lexa,"

"Don't we all," Octavia chimed in as she came up behind them with her hands buried deep in her pockets and a remorseful look showing in her eyes.

"No," Lexa's eye bolted up, bouncing between them. "No, you absolutely do not. No one does. It was my choice – my decision, and regardless of the outcome, I still stand by it."

Regardless of the outcome? Clarke stared at her. Exactly what outcome was she referring to?

"I am quite sure that's true," Abby continued. "But I was pretty harsh with you that night on the street and honestly, had Raven not pummeled you herself..." she paused, drawing what appeared to be a steadying breath and shaking her head lightly. "I was so angry with you."

"Your tone told me as much," Lexa nodded, releasing a small grin. "I can't say that I would have blam..."

"Well now, ain't that some shit?" Raven's voice suddenly joined the conversation.

"Just because I felt it, doesn't mean that I would have done anything, Raven," Abby pointed out quickly, rolling her eyes and folding her hands.

"Dealing with this slick bitch and her bullshit, ritzy demeanor," Raven responded with a jerk of her thumb in Lexa's direction and gave her a look. "Eh, pretty sure that you might have."

Clarke couldn't help the chuckle that escaped her lips. Knowing her mother and how things unfolded that night, yeah – truth be told, in that moment, she just might have.

"Well, I still say that you didn't have to," Anya added her two-cents, now appearing at Raven's side and giving her a slight nudge.

"Have to? No. Want to?" Raven shrugged simply. "Fuckin-a right," she finished with a rather proud grin.

"You really could have used a little less power," Lexa told her, her eye twitching slightly.

"Hey," Raven shrugged again. "You were warned."

"Come here," Abby said, as she stepped forward, suddenly pulling Lexa into a hug.

Clarke stood by, just watching them and feeling one of the strangest and yet warmest of sensations start to bloom in her chest.

One by one, people continued to join the reunion that was now taking place in the yard. Everyone was being very welcoming and accepting – very thankful and though Lexa kept quietly expressing that no one needed to, everyone continued to express their gratitude and even offer their own apologies. As the group of them moved back up on to the deck, Clarke took a seat off to the side, remaining silent for the most part and choosing instead to just listen and watch, while absorbing this unexpected turn of events.

Learning that everything hadn't been at all what she thought it had was a lot to take in. From the moment that Lexa had appeared at the bar on the night of her engagement party, everything had changed. Changed? Reverted? Something. From that night on, it had been literally impossible not to think about her, not to remember and not to feel.