After changing into more comfortable clothes he approached her with a blow dryer and took care of her hair in silence. When he was done he loosely braided her hair and rested his chin on her shoulder and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

"I'm sorry" he said and closed his eyes with a deep inhale of her scent.

"I should be sorry" she said meekly.

"No Coco. No matter the reason, I shouldn't have been rude."

She turned around in his embrace and cupped his face.

"It's ok-"

"It's not. Yes I was worried but it doesn't give me, or anyone for that matter, the right to talk to you like that."

" I was at fault too. It was very childish of me to go out in the rain like that even after knowing the dangers of it. It can snow any day and I am not wearing much and it is an unknown place for me. There are just so many reasons why I shouldn't have done that. I made you worry and ruined our date" she rambled and started crying by the end of her little rant.

"It's alright Little baby. You're safe now. But take medicine before sleeping just in case, okay?"

"Okay"

She went and lied down under the comforter while he left the room.

Fifteen minutes later the door slowly opened and in came a hesitant looking Xavier with a,

"Cake!" She gasped sitting up on the bed with a jolt.

"Our date isn't ruined alright?" he said and set the cake on the bed.

She gasped again looking at what was written on it and turned to look at him with tears in her big doe eyes but when she saw him he was holding an expensive velvet ring box.

The cake said:
                            So girlfriend?

She cried and said "yes yes yes"

He slid the ring on her middle finger as it was just a promise ring for now till they reach the engagement level.

"This cake is where it began from. It was supposed to be right after our dinner but I changed my mind and thought it was childish. But I brought it back in hopes of saving our date with this shit ass cake I somehow baked." He said with a red tint covering his cheeks.

" I loved it and it wasn't childish. Everything you do for me and for us is really really precious and meaningful to me Xavier. You need to give yourself some more credit."

" I told you I'd make up for that dry proposal but I don't think this one was any better"

" Hey that one and this one, both were perfect and hold a special place in my heart. Today was the most soft-romantic you've ever been Zai. It was the best date ever. From my favorite artist to my favorite food and to the absolutely gorgeous sights, everything was so dreamy."

He just silently crushed her in a warm hug because he wasn't sure his words would convey his feelings as well as hers did.

She yawned a little and he pulled back.
He was about to ask her to sleep when she spoke up herself,

"I will sleep in just five minutes, let me have a slice" he nodded and let her have just one piece and made her brush her teeth again.

They both finally laid down in peace after a long and wonderful day.
"Thank you Zai," she said softly.

"Hmm but a simple thank you won't work. Maybe if you accompany it with something else I might reconsider it"

She slowly turned around and faced him as he was spooning her.