Arc 3 Chapter 3 - Denateus Day

Hey guys, Striker777 here with the next chapter of Loki's Renard. Today is the day everyone receives their first alias, and I'm glad you guys have enjoyed reading this enough to stick around to this point. Anyway, be sure to comment and vote, but for now, onto the story!

><><><><><

Akihide couldn't stop pacing his room, fidgeting with his hands as the minutes ticked by. Today was the day that he would receive his very own alias. He had been excited for this day for half a year, ever since the Denateus Day when he was at the guild with his party during the announcements of the aliases. As the adventurers who received them cheered or cried depending on if they got a good alias, Akihide stared at the paper, wishing his name was on it. And now the day had come, where he was finally recognised by the gods and a second name would be bestowed upon him.

"Can you not?" rhetorically asked Ryuu, who was sitting on the lounge in one of the Twilight Manor's guest rooms. "We get it, it's an exciting day for all of us, but you need to stop pacing around like that. You're only making me nervous." said the elf.

"Come on Ryuu~" sung Ardee, as she grabbed onto the elf from behind in a hug, startling Ryuu as she had no idea how Ardee was able to touch her. "We're all excited. We're getting our aliases after all. How about we all just take a step back and appreciate how wonderful that is?" she said with a warm smile on her face, settling Akihide down and brining a small amount of comfort to Airmid.

"Easy for you to say! The alias of your Captain isn't 'Silex et Chalybe'! Some of us have reason to be concerned!" said the elf, remembering well when Alice got her alias alongside Kaguya a few weeks after she joined. Astraea had come him in shame after receiving the first aliases of her children. Alice had been excited about getting a name to reflect how 'perfect' she was, but was left absolutely devastated after learning her alias mean 'Flint and Steel'. She had played it off as a cool sounding name for all of 3 minutes before giving up. There was no way of making that name sound good once you knew what it meant.

Ardee shuddered. "Look, sometimes the gods are merciful, and we've basically all set a new precedent for the Dungeon, being some of the youngest adventurers to rank up in recent history in the shortest timeframe. I'm sure the gods have taken that into consideration and are giving us names based on our accomplishments." said the cheerful and energetic girl, confident that her god would make sure to get her a great name.

><><><><><

"All in agreement?" asked Hermes, looking over the gods at Denateus, all of whom nodded in eager agreement, apart from one. Hermes smirked as he gave the final announcement. "Very well then. From this moment on, Ardee Varna's alias shall be Haatheepaanv!"

"Noooooooo!!!!!" cried out a distraught Ganesha, clutching his mask in what seemed to be physical pain. "Not my Ardee! I'm so sorry! Why did you bastards have to name her 'Elephant Foot'?! What did I ever do to you?! I AM GANESHA!" he finished with a masculine pose.

Astraea sank a little further into her seat, knowing the same was coming for Ryuu. "I'll do my best... to get her a decent name..."

><><><><><

"Well, all we can do is wait and see what happens." said Airmid, the ten year old girl laying back on the couch and resting.

"How can you be so calm about this?" asked Ryuu to the girl, who smirked in response.

"You do know who my god is, right? If someone crosses him at Denateus, he'll raise the price of potions for their Familia. It's cruel, but it works." said Airmid. She had confidence in her surrogate father, who had promised on his life to bring her an alias that was suitable for a member of his Familia.