Arc 2 Chapter 6 - What Makes a Hero

Hey guys, Striker777 here with the next chapter of Loki's Renard. I decided to split this chapter up into two smaller chapters, so I hope you guys enjoy this whilst I finish up the second half. But for now, onto the story.

><><><><><

Akihide continued running along the rooftops, his feet hitting the roof tiles as he ran as fast as his little seven year old legs would carry him, running from the praise, the cheer and the demands to send anyone to hell. Akihide was a child, and he didn't have the mental capacity to come to terms with what had happened, and in his mind he knew he was wrong for killing those people. So to have people applaud and cheer for him because of something he did that he believed with all his hear was wrong completely threw him for a loop.

So he ran. It was instinctive. He didn't need to save anyone and he was scared, so he ran with all his heart through the rooftop labyrinth of Orario. Using Mico Grandus, he teleported between rooftops as he ran, as far away as he possibly could from the horrors he was forced to live by the people he saved. Too much was on his mind and his eyes were still filled with a seeping red that washed over him and the rooves of Orario. His psyche wasn't fit to handle the types of stress that came with that, causing his body to flee on it's own.

When Akihide hit the ground again, it was far away from where he was before. Further to the northwest, Akihide was about a 20 minute walk from where he was before, in front of an abandoned church. Quickly figuring it would be empty and allow him some time alone, he rushed inside, slamming the door shut behind him. Allowing his weakness to set in, he sunk down to the floor, grasping his knees and placing his face between them, sobbing at the flurry of thoughts and memories rushing into his head about the attack.

"Didn't expect you to find me like this..." muttered a voice, vaguely familiar to the young boy. He looked up and saw the same woman from the attack just over a week ago sitting on the old stage of the church, wearing the same black and green dress as before. "How did you find this place? No one should know about it, since it was just my sister and I who came here." she asked the boy, who took a step back. This confused the silver haired woman. "Are you afraid of me, despite the fact we fought side by side as comrades?"

Akihide looked down in shame, catching her off guard and throwing her well out of her comfort zone. Children and emotional stuff were more Meteria's thing, not hers. Meteria was the kind and caring soul that could even warm the heart of the ice goddess Hera, and made everyone love her. It was probably due to that fact that the bastard Cranel went and got her pregnant, much to the horror of the Familias of Zeus and Hera. Everyone thought he was crazy, and rightfully so, as Alfia had almost killed him before Meteria forced her to stop. Cranel barely escaped with his pathetic, cowardly life, which would forever remain one of her greatest regrets. It was probably also a contributing factor as to why children were afraid of her, much like the boy in front of her.

Channelling her inner Meteria, she stood up and walked over to the boy, still looking down in shame, and she could notice tears forming in the corner of his eyes. Cursing herself, she leant against the door before sliding down it, sitting next to the young renard who she hoped was the hero she and Zald had been looking for. Alfia turned to the boy, trying to form sentences to figure out what was wrong, only for the words to get caught in her mouth. She had no experience with this, so it was bound to not end well, but Meteria would put her smile on her face and give it her all either way. Smiling at the thought of her dear sister, Aflia opened her mouth again. "So why are you so upset? What happened?" she asked Akihide, automatically bringing a hand to his face and wiping away one of the tears forming in the corner of his eyes.

Akihide sniffled a sob as he looked at her. "I don't get it... I did something bad... but everyone is acting like I did a good thing..." he muttered, his words conveying all Alfia needed to get a small grasp on the situation. "I killed people... not monsters, but people... and everyone in town, and at home is acting like it's no big deal!" he cried out, frustration spilling out of him at everyone. The citizens of Orario who praised him for his horrible sins, the members of his Familia downplaying how horrible he felt he should feel about killing those members of Evilus, and himself for not being able to overcome those feelings on his own.