Arc 1 Chapter 7 - End of an Arc

I know I announced on my page I probably wouldn't be posting for a while, but I just needed something to do to help me keep my mind off Axel. It's been hard for me to lose one of my dogs to a tumour no one knew he had, but what makes it worse is that when my family took him to the vet late at night, I didn't go because I had a shower after I got home from my work a bit before and didn't get to say goodbye to him. That's honestly the part that's killing me the most, the fact that the last words I said to him were "Don't cost us too much on this vet trip."

If you have a pet, just stop what you're doing for a minute and just tell them how much you love them. Really, do. You'll have no idea when the last time you see them will be, or what your last words to them will be, so make the most out of every moment you have with them. Every little second with your pets is a blessing. Don't ever take it for granted like I did and regret it for the rest of your life.

><><><><><

Utop the largest tower in Babel, a certain goddess looked out her window. But she did not care for the scenery, only for the show she was seeing in the Dungeon. The fight that had been forced on her future Odr. She had already told Ottar to go down to the Dungeon and assist Akihide if he needed to, but not a moment before. Akihide was not only an adventurer, but her future Odr. He needed to know how to handle himself in the Dungeon, but that most certainly did not mean leaving the boy to die after what those cowards dared to pull.

"The audacity of some adventurers these days." she sighed, as she watched the young boy kill a Goblin. Not very impressive for most adventurers, but for a boy who had only been in the Dungeon for around a week? And only trained for a month?

It was more than sufficient.

"He has a talent for this..." she moaned, smirking as she bit her lower lip. "Prove it to me. Prove you can become my Odr and stand by my side."

><><><><><

Akihide slid one of his blades into the skull of a Goblin, successfully killing it. He had to move immediately, as a Kobold came after him with a club swing. As he landed, he noticed another Kobold trying to attack him as well, making him flee once more as the monster attacked. However, he was too slow, and a club slammed down into his shoulder. He screamed in pain, but noticed that it slid straight off him, so the monster didn't get an actual attack in, and only grazed his shoulder slightly. That was a relief, since that meant he could keep fighting.

The trio of the 'Kiddy Party' had their hands full. With well over 20 monsters on them at once in a narrow hallway, things weren't looking good for them, not by a long shot. Akihide had managed to take out 4 monsters, and Ardee had managed to kill 6, but the numbers didn't seem to stop or slow down at all. Airmid had been told to save her last spell in case they needed it desperately, and allow the two melee fighters to do what they could to kill as many monsters as possible.

Ardee yelled as she slashed through her seventh monster, a Kobold. However, a Dungeon Lizard soon took it's place and continued the attack against her. "There's too many of them!" she called out, as she blocked another swing from a Kobold whilst kicking the Dungeon Lizard away with her foot. Whilst these monsters were nothing on their own to the three, in a massive swarm like this there was a lot of things that were forcing them back at once. Since all these monsters came at them at once, there was no way they could separate them and try to take them out individually, which would have been much easier to do. "Fuck it! Airmid, start chanting!" she called out, swinging her blade once more, killing the pesky Dungeon Lizard who had been bothering her for a bit.

Airmid nodded, and held out her staff. "Dazzling stars crossing the jet-black sky." she began, as small fragments of light appeared over the horde of monsters. "Listen to my immature prayer, guide the flash - Come, shine of tears, defeat the filthy! Lumine Pleiades!" she finished chanting, holding he staff up in the direction of the light she had made with her spell. And just like that, beams of light shot down from over the enemy monsters, slicing through their bodies and their ranks. Airmid had pushed herself as hard as she safely could without risking a mind down, which worked out amazingly as 10 monsters had been taken out by her alone with a single spell.