Chapter 3: Confrontation

"There's not much time left, you know?"

Shirabu was mopping the gym floor, but all he could think about were the words his bestfriend spoke.

"Its now or never."

Shirabu paused, trying to process his thoughts. He stood where he was, frozen. Holding the mop in his hands, almost as if he were a statue. "Should I really tell Semi-san... now?" Shirabu thought to himself as he turned his gaze to his senior across the gym. Semi was still settling the volleyball net, slowly and carefully deconstructing and separating the volleyball net and poles. Shirabu noticed how his senior neatly rolled the volleyball net. His senpai was slow, but careful. 

Wow, he really is perfect.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧

After a few minutes, Shirabu had finished mopping the gym. He headed to the storage room and rested the mop against the wall in the narrow corner. He walked out of the storage room to find Semi carrying the volleyball poles and net. 

"Oh, let me help.." Shirabu offered as he reached for the volleyball net Semi was holding. "No need." Semi stepped back, declining his offer. Shirabu immediately pulled his hands away and watched as his senior crouched to gently set the things that he was holding in the storage room. Shirabu wanted to leave, he wanted to go home. But for some reason, his body didn't budge. All he did was stand near the doorway and watch his senior's slim back. 

"Shirabu." Semi called out. 

"Y-yes..?" Shirabu replied, taken aback by the sudden call.

"Why are you so kind to me?" Semi asked. Shirabu (stunned by the sudden straightforward question) didn't reply. He was at lost for words, he didn't know how to respond. He just stood there, frozen. Was he too nice to Semi? "Although you act cold and rude to me, you're not really mean." Semi continued.

"We're rivals aren't we?" Semi questioned. 

Shirabu watched as Semi stood up straight and faced Shirabu. "Do you see me as your rival?" His senior urged him to answer, "I- uh-" Before Shirabu could say anything, he realised Semi was walking closer to him. Shirabu's eyes darted to the floor, then the wall beside him, then to Semi. He faced the floor, "well- uh- respect is v-very important y-you know? You're my senpai after all..." Shirabu stuttered, looking up to face his senior, realizing that him and his senior were now only a few centimeters apart. 

Their brown eyes locked onto each others, as a soft pink blush appeared onto Shirabu's face. Was he nervous? He didn't know. 

"I see, that's all it was." Semi concluded. He broke the intense eye contact with Shirabu and headed out of storage room. However, it seemed as if time had slowed down for Shirabu. He took this time to analyze his senior's side profile. He eyed his smooth, lightly-tanned skin. His sharp ears and nose, his exquisite jawline, as well as his soft brown eyes. 

"That's all it was." 

His eyes were fixed on the floor as Semi's words replayed in Shirabu's head. What does he mean by that? Was he expecting more? No, that's all it was. He admired his senior. He respected him, that's all...

Was it?

"No. that's not it." A voice spoke out. Shirabu couldn't identify who and where this voice was coming from. It sound like his voice but he wasn't speaking, neither were his mind. 

"Say something. Tell him how you really feel." His heart spoke out. 

"Wait!" Shirabu grabbed Semi's hand, which stopped Semi in his tracks. Semi turned his head to find his junior facing the floor, his hand tightly grasping onto his wrist. "That.. that's not all." Shirabu stated. His senior didn't say anything as a response, so, he continued, "I- I admire you... Semi-san." Shirabu admitted, "I couldn't even bring our team to nationals but you could..." Semi's eyes widened at the sudden confrontation. Shirabu felt this way about him?

"That day... when I was in my first year... when I first showed up at this gym..." Shirabu uttered, his face still fixed on the floor, his hand grasping tighter onto Semi's. "When I saw you play I.. I was mesmerized. The way you served the ball, the way you spiked the ball..." Shirabu continued,

"the way you set the ball..." Shirabu murmured. "Your determination, your smile, everything about you... it was magical." He could feel Semi's gaze locked onto him, his face heated up. He was blushing. "That day..." Shirabu hesitated, "say it." His heart spoke out once more.

"I fell in love with you."

Shirabu looked up to see the expression on his senior's face. It was clearly obvious that he was left astonished. Was this not what Semi wanted to hear? Shirabu regretted everything within an instant, he made a complete fool out of himself... infront of his crush. 

"Kenjirou." Semi's voice cut the silence. 

Shirabu was taken by surprise, his eyes widened. Semi had just called him by his first name. He noticed that the look on Semi's face was much more calmer than before. Much more... relieved?

Semi gently held Shirabu's chin. Shirabu, shocked by the sudden touch wasn't even prepared for what would happen next as Semi closed the distance between both of them and leaned down so that their lips could meet each other. Shirabu's pupils enlarged. He couldn't even process what was happening, but he enjoyed it. Semi's lips felt soft, and tasted sweet against Shirabu's. His senpai was a good kisser. 

Semi pulled away from the copper-haired male and gazed into his brown hazel eyes. He noticed that Shirabu's eyes were slightly watery, and his cheeks were painted in pastel pink. A soft and small smile spread across his face as he chucked,

"I've been wanting to do that for a long time now." Semi claimed. 

A tear slid down from Shirabu's eye. It was as if his heart was longing for this moment. He was happy, relieved... comforted. He immediately hugged Semi. He tightly wrapped his arms around Semi's waist. Semi's shirt was soaked in his tears. Semi welcomed Shirabu's warm embrace. He wrapped his arms around Shirabu's neck and rested his chin on top of his new lover's head.

"I love you, Kenjirou."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧

A/N - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SORRY IF THIS STORY IS TOO FAST-PACED TT. But anyway, confession chapter woohoooo!! Once again, I apologize if my writing is horrible ;( Anyway, have a nice dayyyyy!!