'They didn't tell you, Sol?' Padme gaped at the woman opposite her.

'I was on a mission on Hoth. I wasn't contacted at all.'

Padme held her mouth agape at Sol's statement while Sol looked back to Anakin. The heat that radiated off him made Sol fearful of a surprise lash-out. When Anakin's feelings got too much, Sol knew that he struggled to hold them inside. And when he did burst, it could be disastrous.

Sol had expressed her frustration about being left uninformed about the whole situation, but Anakin had been too distraught to explain why in full. He had said that the Jedi Council ordered everyone to keep the trial and the leave of Ahsoka within the temple. Obi-wan and Anakin were told specifically to not contact Sol on Hoth with the excuse of someone tapping into transmissions and hearing about classified information. Sol was doubtful of this reasoning and wanted to question it further, but she hadn't had the time in between Anakin's brewing meltdown, and from the Hoth paperwork she needed to complete to meet with the Council about this decision.

'I cannot believe this,' Padme shook her head. 'I understand that the Order wanted to keep the trial confidential, but to-'

'Why did the Order do any of it?' Anakin cut off the senator. 'Why did they even accuse Ahsoka in the first place? They didn't trust her from the start because of her association with me. Master Windu was just dying for a piece of evidence to accuse her. It was unjust!' 

Sol and Padme jumped when Anakin stood up from the sofa at his last exclamation. Sol put her hands down on the cushion underneath her to push off the sofa, but stopped when Anakin whipped around. The end of his dark brown robe flew at the quickness of his movements and his eyes were focused on the coffee table below. Sol and Padme saw the fierce arch in his eyebrows and the tight line that his lips formed from the clenching of his jaw. His shoulders were squared, and Sol noticed how the singular glass on the coffee table trembled underneath his gaze. Anakin's anger was breaking through the Force and if he didn't calm down, he could cause some physical damage in the senator's apartment.

'I said that Snips was innocent! No one listened! The Council were set before they even charged her! It's their fault! It's not the Jedi way to accuse their own kind without even investigating!' Anakin cried and his flaring eyes eventually met Sol's. 'Now she's gone, and the Order don't even care! She left the whole faith behind because of them!' 

'Ani,' Sol stood from her seat. 'The Order know they did wrong, and they offered her to stay-'

'Why would anyone stay?! If they didn't trust me, I wouldn't stay, either! I don't know if I even want to be with the Order anymore-'

'Anakin, that is a very serious statement.'

Sol didn't want to sound so stern, but she couldn't help it. She didn't know who was listening even if Padme was the only one in the room. Sol and Anakin had both confessed that they had their suspicions about the Jedi way, but for Anakin to say that he wasn't sure about continuing with the Order was a new progression in their thoughts. Sol had only been gone for nearly three weeks, but so much had changed within the Jedi Order, and with Anakin.

Anakin looked down at Sol whose face was an inch away. His nostrils flared at the exhaling of heavy breaths, but Sol didn't falter at his intense stare. In fact, her hand raised to rest on the handle of her lightsaber. Anakin didn't see this because of his focus on the closeness of her face, but Padme noticed it from her position on the sofa. The senator sucked in a sharp breath, hoping that Sol wouldn't have to use her weapon against her own kind.

'If you're concerned, you should talk to the Council,' Sol said slowly and with care. 'I know I will be. Perhaps we could go together.'

Anakin 'tsk'ed and looked down at Padme. She raised her eyebrows in question before he turned away from her and Sol. Sol was forced to stare at the back of Anakin's head as he headed for the elevator with a stomp in his step. He mumbled about waiting in the speeder before he shoved his way into the elevator that arrived with C3-PO inside.