[007] the masquerade ball

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
CHAPTER SEVEN
the masquerade ball
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

( masquerade, pt

( masquerade, pt. i )

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Harper's POV.

*Elena's House*

Elena should have stayed out of it.

Katherine had given direct orders that she and Stefan needed to stop seeing each other, and they didn't listen. Secretly, this whole time they have been sneaking around together pretending that they have broken up. Well, Katherine found out the truth, and now, Jenna has taken the fall. Katherine had compelled her to stab herself out of retaliation for Stefan and Elena disobeying her. Jenna didn't stab through any vital organs, thank God. But things could have easily been much worse.

This was definitely a wake up call for Elena for sure. Now she, just like me, is staying out of things for now.

"Be careful, boys," my mother warns as Matt and Jeremy help Jenna through the front door, supporting her weight. She was released from the hospital this afternoon.

"Uh, easy," Jeremy says cautiously. The boys carefully lift Jenna over the threshold and through the doorway.

"Grab the door, Harp." Matt nods his head back at the door.

I grab the door handle and close it.

"Hey, stop fussing," Jenna says. "I'm fine." She raises her hand at us, then brings it back to her stomach where the stab wound is hidden beneath her shirt.

"Oh, don't be like that, Jenna." My mother shakes her head. "You deserve to be spoiled rotten."

"Well, I'm fine," Jenna reiterates.

Elena puts a hand on her aunt's shoulder. "The doctor said that you have to take it easy," she reminds.

"Yeah," Jeremy jumps in, "you don't wanna rip your stitches, hemorrhage, and die, alright?" He and Matt lead Jenna into the living room.

"Yeah," Jenna says, "the only thing I'm gonna die from is embarrassment."

"No." Matt grins good-naturedly.

"I walked into a knife," Jenna says, exasperated. "How does somebody do that?"

Oh, sweet, innocent Jenna.

"It was a freak accident," Elena says.

"It happens," Jeremy adds.

"Yeah," Matt says, "I mean, I've done it like twenty times at the Grill," he jokes.