Chapter - 1

Waves come, transient yet always there, rising, falling. 

They scatter the light, the hue of the water ever changing yet always familiar, always blue. 

How could I fail to appreciate the salty air or the cold caress of the breeze? 

After all I've been through, this has to be the most comforting state that has met me since.

 I never knew my life would change so drastically. What's even more questioning is that it all happened so suddenly. 

I'm not complaining though. 

My life at the moment, here in Neverland, is quite enjoyable, for some, I'm living a dream-life. And for others, perhaps one of their worst nightmares.

 I was first brought here by the unique beings from children movies, Peter Pan. 

I thought I had lost my mind. 

But my condition before I had met him was worse. So I kept quiet and followed him. 

He found me at the edge of a harbour, about a few miles away from Neverland.

 I was having a breakdown because I had just woken up and found myself on the ground, in a forest as dark as the night. 

I used to feel alone and defenseless as there was really nothing I understood. 

How I got there, why I was here. All these built up questions remained within me unanswered. 

The only thing that kept me company during those restless nights was well, the man in the moon.

 Ever since I was young, my mom told me to believe in the man of the moon that lived in it. 

It could connect us to people even on the other side of the earth. 

For instance, when my dad had to one day go for a war that had ensued in our country, I had broken into tears. 

That's when my mom told me about the man in the moon keeping our hearts connected with my dad's.

 Hope used to rise within me every night, the belief of something sharing my heart-beat around the globe.

 The thought of having company through indescribable means allowed me to feel secure for a few hours. But at day time, all had vanished.

 The fear of hungry creatures lurking in the forest, the fear of not being connected to anyone as the man of the moon only remained till night fall kept me all crawled up under a tall oak tree.