Haunting Movie

I look around, not that interested. At least not as interested as Deam. Dean had forced us to go on a tour of the Warner Bros. Studio. We pass by movie and television sets... Though I don't see the appeal of seeing the studio. 'Wouldn't this take the music out of movies and tv?' I think to myself. Though, I don't dare ruin Dean's fun.

"First opened in 1927, the lot has been in continuous operation for eight decades." The tour guide speaks over the P.A. Dean turns to the kid next to him, eating ice cream. "Hey, you know this is where they filmed "Creepshow"?" Dean asks. The boy looks at him like he's a doofus and says nothing.

"Now, to the right, here is Stars Hollow. It's the setting for the television series, Gilmore Girls, and if we're lucky, we might even catch one of the show's stars." Sam, looking uncomfortable, turns to Dean, who just gives him a thumbs up. "Come on." Sam urges. "Let's finish the tour!" Dean suggests. Sam hops off the trolley, I join him. "Dean!" Sam urges again. Dean hops off as well, so we continue walking around the lot.

Dean suddenly looks very excited, "Sammy, check it out, it's Matt Damon!" Dean exclaims. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's not Matt Damon." Sam states. "No, it is." Dean remarks. "Well, Matt Damon just picked up a broom and started sweeping." Sam explains. "Yeah, well, he's probably researching a role or something." I facepalm. "I don't so, Dean." I state, embarrassed by him.

Sam points to a sign, "Hey, this way, uh, I think Stage 9 is over here." Sam says. "Come on, man, let's keep going this way." Dean urges. "No, come on, we've gotta work." Dean sighs.

"Dude, you wanted to come to LA." Sam states. "Yeah, for a vacation. I mean, swimming pools and movie stars! Not to work." Dean whines. "This seems like swimming pool weather to you, Dean? I mean, it's practically Canadian." Sam comments. "Yeah. I just figured that, you know, after everything that happened with... Madison, y-you could use a little R-and-R, that's all." Dean explains. "Well, maybe I wanna work, Dean. Maybe it keeps my mind off things." Sam remarks.

"Okay, okay, all right. So, this crew guy- what did he, he died on set?" Dean asks. "Yeah, uh, rumors spreading like wildfire online. They're saying the set's haunted." Sam says. "Like "Poltergeist"?" Dean asks. I roll my eyes at the reference. "Could be a poltergeist." Sam suggests. "No, no, no. Like, the movie "Poltergeist"" Dean explains. Sam shrugs. "You know nothing of your cultural heritage, do you?" Dean asks. "It was rumored that the set of "Poltergeist" was cursed. That they usd real human bones as, uh, as props. And, like, at least three of the actors died in it." Dean explains. "Well, yeah, it might be something like that." Sam agrees.

"All right, so this crew guy... What's his name?" I ask. "Frank Jaffey." Sam says. "Frank Jaffey. He got a death certificate or a coroner's report or anything?" Sam shakes his head, "Well, no. But, uh, it;s LA, you know? It might not even be his real name. But the girl who found him, she said she saw something... a vanishing figure." Sam continues. "What's the girl's name?" Dean asks. "Uh, Tara Benchley?" Sam thinks.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Tara Benchley? From "Fear dot Com" and "Ghost Ship", Tara Benchley? Dude, why didn't you say so?" Dean grins with fannish enthusiasm. "So now, you're suddenly on board?" Smaa sks. "Oh, I just- I mean, I'm a fan of her work. It's very good." Dean calms himself. Dean starts to walk away, Sam and I on his tail.

One of the studio execs for the movie, someone is talking to McG and the producer. "No, look, don't get me wrong. Everyone at the studio loves the dailies, myself included. We were just wondering if it could be... you know, a little brighter." One says. "Brighter?" Another asks. "Yeah, Jay. More color." Jay nods. "McG, you know what I'm saying, you're the master of that stuff." The first man states. "Brad, this is a horror movie." The man identified as McG says. "Yeah, and who says horror has to be dark, y'know? It's just, it's sort of... depressing, don't you think?" Brad explains.