Chapter 1: How it all started

Hi! I'm Jessica Morgan. I'm your average 18 year old girl. But for whatever reason, people think I'm not "average". And people think I have this picture perfect life. But really, I don't. My parents got divorced when I was 8. And I haven't seen my dad since then. But I've gotten used to living with just my mom. And when you live with just one other woman for 10 years, you get used to not having to worry about things people with big families have to worry about. But if I'm really gonna tell the story right, then I need to start from the beginning...

One year ago

"Jess! Let's go! We're gonna be late!" My mom shouted through the house. "Ok! I'm coming!" I shouted back. My mom and I were flying to Florida for a vacation. My mom and I live in LA. I was on summer break and my mom is a flight attendant. So it works out great. But she obviously wasn't working today. I did the last of my makeup and made sure I had everything I would need for the trip. When I was done, I sprinted down the stairs and met my mom in the living room. "You ready!?" She asked excitedly. I nodded. "Hell yeah!" I said jokingly as we walked out the door. My mom is like my best friend. Of course I have friends my age, but other than that, she's my best friend. We do almost everything together.

When we arrived at the airport, we boarded the plane quickly and found the best seats. We were at the very front of the plane. "I call window!" I nearly shouted. Mom laughed. Whenever I'm on a plane, I look around me just for the fun of it. I just like watching people (I just realized how creepy that sounds...). I noticed across the isle there was a man sitting with a boy who looked to be about my age. But the man was standing up and blocked my view of the person he was sitting with. But when he eventually sat down, I saw that the boy he was sitting with was Jack Gilinsky! Wow... I never thought I'd see him in person. Most of my friends think Jack and Jack are hot and amazing singers. I love their music too, but they're aren't "hot" in my opinion. I judge people on more than looks. My mom listens to Jack and Jack too. (See! She acts like a teenager too! Another reason why she's my best friend.) I silently gestured towards Jack. Mom smiled slyly. "Yeah he's something..." Said mom while staring at them. "Mom!" I loudly whispered. She looked at me with a huge smile on her face. "He's too young for you!" I say jokingly. "Ohh, I wasn't talking about Jack.." She said mysteriously. I had a confused look on my face. Was she talking about the man who was with him?! I haven't seen mom take an interest in guys for a few years.

Jack g POV:

My dad and I were going on a vacation. I haven't spent any "quality time" with him in a while since Jack and I became famous. So dragging me to Florida with him is supposed to be "fun"... Um no. He claims he just wants me to be happy. But if he really wanted me to be happy, he'd still be married. I'd rather be back in Nebraska with Jack making vines and music. But no.
Not to mention he's constantly trying to get hooked up with a women. It's really annoying. Maybe if he stopped trying so desperately to get a girlfriend id be happier. He can't even be on a plane without staring at women across the isle. "Dad. What are you doing?" I asked while waving my hand in his face. He came back to earth. "What? What happened?" He asked like an idiot. I shook my head and looked out the window.
Jessica POV:

When the plane finally ended, my mom and I were some of the first people to get off. We got our luggage. We almost made it out the exit but just as I suspected, she couldn't leave the airport without meeting that guy that was sitting with Jack Gilinsky😒. But she didn't have to do anything. He came to us; with Jack behind him. He had an annoyed look on his face. "Hi, I'm David Gilinsky." He started. There was more flirting but I really don't wanna go into detail. Mom looked satisfied. But me on the other hand had a discussed look on my face. "Oh you've got to be kidding me." I said.