Part 6 : Budding relationships

Start from the beginning

Aryan smiled widely when he saw Arnav entering the room. Aniket got up to let Arnav take his place. Arnav put the tray away and reached for Aryan's forehead. He sighed in relief when the temperature was fine. He still had mild fever but he wasn't burning up anymore. Aryan pulled him to sit beside him hugged him.

Arnav caressed his hair. "Thik hai, bacha?"

Aryan nodded his head against Arnav's chest. "Aap mere saath rahoge na aaj? I miss you, Bhaiya, please aap itne busy mat raho."

Arnav nodded guiltily and pulled him closer to his heart. Nothing was more important than his child. Everything else had to wait.

"Yahi hoon, bacha, tere saath. Tabiyat kaise kharab kar li tune?"

Aryan heard the change of tone in Arnav's voice. He knew he was going to get a good scolding session from his Bhaiya. He buried his face in Arnav's chest. "Mat daanto na, Bhaiya. Acha nhi lag rha."

Arnav immediately forgot about the scolding. "Tabiyat jyada kharab hai, beta? Doctor ko call karu?"

Aryan shook his head. "Nhi, Bhaiya. Bas aap raho mere saath."

Arnav nodded his head and let him take comfort in his embrace.

Ayaansh held back his smile at the show Aryan just put up. The whole thing seemed hilarious to Ayaansh. Aryan was trying to hide himself in Arnav's embrace to escape from Arnav's scolding. Ayaansh chuckled at his own thoughts.

Aniket looked at him and smiled. He knew what the boy must be thinking. For him it was a usual show that he saw everyday but it must be interesting for Ayaansh.

"Kya soch rahe ho?"

Ayaansh looked at Aniket and shook his head. Aniket smiled and put a casual arm around him. "Yeh aise hi karta hai. Bhaiya ko toh kabhi yaad hi nhi rehta ki isse daantna bhi tha."

"Yeh humesha aise karta hai?" Ayaansh asked with interest.

"Arre dhire bol. Bhaiya ne sun liya toh uski jagah humari class le lenge abhi." Aniket whispered.

Ayaansh couldn't hold back his smile. The bond between Aryan and Arnav warmed up his heart.

"Mujhe yeh soup nhi Pina, Bhaiya." Aryan cringed looking at the soup Arnav got for him.

"Tujhe fever hai, bacha. This is good for you. Thoda kha le."

Aryan shook his head and turned away his face.

Arnav coaxed him to eat but Aryan didn't budge.

"Bohot hua, Aru. Just have this now." Arnav made Aryan turn towards him and brought the spoon to his lips.

Aryan refused to open his mouth.

"Open your mouth and have it, Aryan!" Arnav said in a no nonsense tone.

Aryan automatically opened his mouth against his own wishes and had the soup. That tone of his Bhaiya could make him toe the line any day. Arnav didn't back out till he completed the soup.

Arnav gentled his tone once he was done feeding Aryan. "Aru,"

Aryan looked away. He hated be scolded when he was sick. His Bhaiya was supposed to pamper him, not scold him.

Arnav smiled at his antics. He knew his little brother can never remain angry more than a few minutes. "Bhaiya ki taraf dekhega bhi nhi?"

Aryan didn't respond.

"Thik hai, phir mai chala jata hoon." Arnav was about to get up when Aryan stopped him and hugged him tightly.

Arnav smiled. "Ab kya hua?"