|Chapter 11|

Beginne am Anfang

Reminded of their plans, (Y/N) quickly stood up to excuse herself and Elias. "Rengoku-Sensei-! If everything is all right now then we'll be going."

Kyojuro, however, was too preoccupied to answer. His thoughts ran wild with the picture of Elias trailing hot on (Y/N)'s heels all day like some kind of lost puppy.

He did not like the thought.

Not one bit.

A grumble escaped Kyojuro's lips, he mumbled something incoherent to (Y/N). But every work he spoke was filled with fiery rage.

'I don't like that Elias.'

(Y/N) paused for a moment, noticing the tension in the air. She glanced between Kyojuro and Elias, trying to understand the unspoken tension between them.

It was evident that something was bothering Kyojuro, and she felt a sense of discomfort in the situation.

Elias, seemingly unfazed by Kyojuro's grumbling, replied with a friendly smile, "We better get going before Inosuke eats all the food. Are we good to go, Rengoku-Sensei?"

Kyojuro's eyes remained fixed on Elias, but he didn't say anything further. Instead, he simply nodded, as if acknowledging Elias's response.

Tengen's keen observation and intuition told him that it was best to give Kyojuro some space, sensing the tension building up in the room.

He smiled warmly at (Y/N) and Elias, urging them to go ahead.

"Hey, you two, why don't you head on out? We'll take care of things here. Enjoy the rest of your day." Tengen said cheerfully, trying to diffuse the situation.

Giyu nodded in agreement, adding a nod of acknowledgment to (Y/N) and Elias.

(Y/N) and Elias looked at each other, grateful for Tengen's intervention.

They exchanged a quick glance of understanding before bidding a hasty but polite farewell to Kyojuro and the other teachers.

"Thank you, Uzui-Sensei. We appreciate it," (Y/N) said with a small smile.

Elias also expressed his gratitude. "We'll be going now." he said, following (Y/N) out of the room.

As they left, Tengen and Giyu were left with Kyojuro, who was visibly agitated.

They knew that their friend needed some time to process his emotions, and they were more than willing to give him that space.

Giyu broke the silence, speaking calmly, "Kyojuro, is everything alright?"

Kyojuro took a deep breath, trying to collect himself. "I'm fine, Giyu. It's just... Sometimes, I don't know how to handle certain situations," he admitted, his frustration evident.

Tengen chimed in, trying to offer some insight. "You're possessive, Kyojuro. Don't become like those Yanderes I see online." he jokingly said with a knowing smile.

Kyojuro's expression softened, realizing that Tengen was right. "I know, Tengen. It's just that... I care about (Y/N) a lot, and I want to make sure she's surrounded by good people," he confessed.

'Elias Knight is related to Vivian. And from what I've learned, they're all tricky and deceitful.' Was what Kyojuro wanted to add, but he decided against it.

"I'm hungry." Giyu noted, "If you guys don't want to eat them I'm out of here."

Tengen chuckled at Giyu's response. "Aw, come on, Giyu, loosen up a bit! What we need is just a couple of drinks," he said playfully.

Giyu shook his head, maintaining his serious demeanor. "We have early classes tomorrow, Tengen. Drinking on a school night is not a good idea," he insisted.

Kyojuro, always the enthusiastic one, chimed in, "Well, I'm with Tengen on this one. Let's go for a drink tonight. It's been a long week, and we could all use a little unwind time."

Tengen grinned triumphantly, gesturing at Kyojuro. "See? Kyojuro's on board! Come on, Giyu, don't be such a stick in the mud," he teased.

Giyu sighed, but a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips. "Alright, alright, fine. But just one drink," he agreed, knowing that arguing with Tengen any further would be futile.

Tengen clapped his hands together, pleased with the victory. "Perfect! I know a great place nearby. We'll have a good time!" he declared.

"I want to join, too!" A new voice chimed in.

Kyojuro turned to see Vivian standing near the door frame, looking determined and excited to join their impromptu gathering.

'Shit. Here we go again.'

-