7: Alina

"What am I gonna do?" I sigh holding Merlin up in the air above my body. He paws at my face playfully.

Another week of school has passed which means another week closer to Isaac leaving. 

I feel like I'm being dramatic, I mean he's only gonna be gone for five days. But it'll just be the longest I've never seen him. I'm sure we'll talk on the phone, but it just isn't the same.

"What are we gonna do?" I bring Merlin down to my chest for a snuggle. He purrs softly. I got blessed with a cuddly cat. "How do you feel about this Merry? He feeds you every morning. I know this is going to be a huge adjustment for you-"

"Lina! They're here!" my mom calls from downstairs.

I hop out of bed and my cat barely bats an eye at the sudden movement. He just repositions himself and curls into my blanket as I slide my feet into my fuzzy slippers.

Isaac came over earlier this morning after I went for my run. We had breakfast and he listened to me ramble as usual, but for some reason I was rambling for a different reason. I was nervous. And when have I ever been nervous around Isaac?

It was like I was just suddenly aware of him, in my room and sitting next to me on my bed. I've never been aware of someone like that in my life and it really unsettled me. I don't know what that was about.

Anyway he's at his grandparents house now, he worked up the courage to talk to Walter about his choice in college and I'm extremely proud of him for it. I've been waiting by my phone for updates that he said he would give me.

I shuffle down the stairs in my slippers, fuzzy yellow pajama pants, and one of Isaac's shirts. When I reach the bottom and walk into the living room, I'm greeted by the only person who gives Isaac a run for his money when it comes to my favorite person.

I scream dramatically and jump into my sisters arms. She catches me and jumps up and down in an equal amount of excitement.

"Oh my god I missed you so freaking much" she squeals shaking me back and forth.

"I missed you so much more" I sigh into her embrace. Yeah my sister and I have an eighteen year age gap, but we couldn't be closer.

"Why didn't I get greeted like that?" our dad grunts as my sisters son tackles him. "Austin, you need help with the bags?" he asks my sisters husband.

"That's alright, this is the last one" he shuts the door behind him.

"I'm so happy you guys are here" my mom hugs my sisters other two daughters.

"What's wrong?" Sophia furrows her eyebrows at me. A strand of her blonde hair sticks to her lipgloss.

"What?" I shake my head confused.

"Something's wrong, I know that look" she waves a finger in my face.

What look??

"Come on" she grabs my hand. "Babe, I'm on sister duty" she says to her husband.

I say a quick hello to Austin and my nieces and nephew before my sister is dragging me back upstairs and into my room.

"Alright, spit it out" she takes off her coat and drapes it over my bedpost.

"Spit what out?" I huff plopping down on my bed next to Merlin.

My sister plants her hands on her hips. "I may live in a different state, but I still know when something is bothering you" she sits down next to me on the bed, greets Merlin with a soft pet, and then turns back to me. "What's going on?"

"Fine" I sigh leaning back against my pillows. "I'm just a little sad about Zacky leaving for five days in two weeks. It'll be the longest we've gone without seeing each other"