CHAPTER 28『GODFALL』

Start from the beginning

"Salutations, and good morning, fellow students! Today, your classmate has used a quote from the Odyssey of Homer! Wow, quite classy, don't you think?"

I moved closer to the dead bodies, talking mockingly to them as if they were alive, to instill fear, pressure and add to the sentiment of the uncertain to low her morale and get the information I need.

"Homer's Odyssey is an epic poem, produced probably in the 8th century BC in Ancient Greece. There was this moment, you see, that Odysseus was held captive by some monster tribe, called the Cyclops: anthropomorphic creatures of immense height and only one eye on their ugly heads."

The Commander, and some of her men who were still alive, tried to stay awake and listen to my lecture; they seem to know what I'll do if they fall asleep.

"When the Cyclops asks for Odysseus' name, he said that he's 'Nobody', 'Outis' in Ancient Greek. The Cyclops believed Odysseus, and when he broke free and the Cyclops cried out in pain for his allies to come for help, they didn't come to his aid. Do you know why, hm?"

The men and the Commander all looked at me, their eyes staring into my soul in defiance.

"The Cyclops started shouting 'Brothers! Nobody is killing me!' But of course, his friends and comrades did not believe him. 'Nobody is killing you? What have you been drinking, Polyphemus?' And so, nobody came to help him, as Odysseus escaped with his comrades the cave of the Cyclops' and sailed away."

"...you should know, however, that Odysseus felt cocky in the end, and as the Cyclop Polyphemus started blindly throwing boulders of rock at his ship to sink him, he proudly announced his name, that was, indeed, Odysseus. Do you know what happened next?"

"Polyphemus the Cyclop, was the son of the famous Greek God of the Sea, Poseidon. As you can tell, this didn't end very well. You know, cause Odysseus was sailing in the sea? With a ship? And Poseidon, who's the father of the son Odysseus blinded, is the god of the sea? Yes, you can foresee what perilous circumstances await him further on his journey."

Just then, a sneeze was heard from inside the room. The blood of the hostages froze inside their veins. My head slowly turned to apprehend the sound.

"Oh, you're trying to sneeze? Allow me to assist you!"

I held my Surger with my two of my fingers and blew the guy's head off.

"Much better! He's not sneezing anymore, is he?"

"We're prisoners of war! You just violated the Tirsburg Treaty!"

"Tirsburg? Tirsburg?! What country do you think you're on?!"

My shout reached the ears of my adversaries, completely silencing them. The miniscule light that came from outside the interrogation room shone the Commander's head.

"I'll ask this question again. Who are you?"

The girl, hesitatingly opened her mouth, with her soldiers all around her, those who were alive, crying all over the place.

"I'm...Leto Boshtar. General Leto Boshtar. Second-in-line to the Kingdom's throne."

I let out an exclamation.

"A spare then! Great! I have finally found an individual who will be able to relate to me."

"Unlike you, who hates her very own blood, I have nothing to relate to you. My brother and i have always been supportive of each other, no matter what!"

"Is that so?"

"That's exactly so! He's probably coming now to save me with so many divisions that the desert will drown."