C H A P T E R - VIII

K H E E R   A U R   C H A A N D

"Aur kuch toh nahi chahiye na?"

"Mujhe kya pata, maine pehele kabhi sagai ke liye shopping thodi kari hai!"

"Kyun? Humari shaadi ke time kya saaman aasman se gira tha?" A furious Nandini stood in the centre of the courtyard as she glared at Shashank with all of the anger in world.

"Aasman se nahi par chachu se" Shashank shrugged his shoulders as he tried to get out of Nandini's sight taking small baby steps but it looked liked his plan was visible to the entire family.

"Main kahan se aagaya beech mein?" Chachaji stared cluelessly at the two as he sat next to Devika, discussing how the decorations are going to be tonight. There was so much joy and exitement in the ambiance of The Mathur Niwas today that believing that any of the family members were unhappy with the alliance would be a clear lie. But in a certain corner of the home sat Dadiji, who had been shedding happy tears eversince the the engagement ceremony was announced. Two days ago the family had received a call from the Vashishts that they will be more than happy if the engagment takes place before the leave back to prepare things for the final wedding celebrations to begin which was planned on taking place in Mumbai itself.

"Chachu aap indono ko ignore karo, inka roz ka hai. Pehele aap batao aapke schedule mein dance performance ki jagah hai ki nahi? Main toh di ki shaadi ke har function mein ekdum bollywood type performance chahti hun!" Ayesha had a dreamy spark in her eyes as she passed a wink to Devika who was witnessing her family go crazy with full energy and exitement today. No matter what the wedding meant to her, atleast it it was bringing joy to her family and that's all that she wanted, happy faces of people she loves more than her own life. Afterall, they are her family, no matter what ups or downs they face with one another or because of one another they do love eachother the most on this entire planet.

"Mumma maine aur masi ne dance prepare kiya hai!" Aarushi giggled as she turned the music on and cutely danced to its beats along with Mahi and Ayesha without missing a step while the others watched intently.

And meanwhile in the other end of the city, The Atharva Vashisht who exactly knows what he wants all the damn time sat confused in a jewellery shop with hundreds of diamond and gold rings placed right infront of his eyes and none of them seemed to please him even by a small bit.

"Sir please let me know what you're exactly looking for, otherwise how will I help you!" An exhausted salesman stood infront who looked much pissed at Atharva for not choosing anything yet.

"I don't know what she will really like" A sigh left his mouth as he picked up a platinum band with small diamonds engraved on it.

"Bhai think of something na, acha tell me what reminds you of Bhabhi" Abhi who had been sitting next to Atharva since the past hour spoke as a yawn left his mouth, he was really trying his level best to help.

"What reminds me of her? I have met her like two times Abhi. How will I know?"

"You must have thought of something the first time you saw her, atleast?"

"The first time I saw her?" And suddenly there was something that came up in Atharva's head.

He may have met her only twice but those were definitely not the first time he saw Devika. She had been working for his NGO and even for his hospital after all. All these years of her being a doctor. And the first time he saw her was during one of his visits to the child care centre when Manav had broke his arm after falling off his bicycle and was admitted in the hospital for a week straight.