XLVIII

The family returned to the County with smiles on their faces after a week of vacation in the now-defunct Beach resort slash Naval Base Ubarr. Alver agreed to keep the Naval Base's identity hidden from the public for the time being. Along with the island-hopping suggestion, the tourist attraction side was approved. It is not a problem for the Ubarrs because Henituse and the Crown Prince will fund the Naval Base, so they can relax about the tourist attraction on the other side of the crescent cliff. Locals are also excited about the tourist project and have promised to remain silent about the Naval Base.

Cale would like to try commanding a naval base, but he is skeptical. When the war breaks out, he will be somewhere off the map!

When they returned home, their lives resumed as usual. Cale is confident that Basen will be able to attend the academy when he turns eleven. His brother is intelligent and someone to whom he can be proud. Meanwhile, Lily is sound asleep in her room with the kittens and dragon egg. He wishes for his sister to be healthy and to pursue something she enjoys. The kittens under his care are gradually learning human language alongside Ron. It is a good thing they are fluent in both Eastern and Western languages..

While he? He is helping out around the county. He and Deruth had been very busy because they were experimenting with various management schemes. He did not expect his father to completely trust him on these matters, but he is grateful nonetheless. This would reduce Deruth's workload while increasing the Henituse's power and wealth. The workload does not appear to be decreasing now that he is thirteen.

However, one thing bothers him. Rosalyn has not yet responded to his letter. It will be a month before my vacation is over. He suspected she had come across something dangerous.

He can not move unless he has a valid reason.

He notices the servant working outside of his study. He asked one of the maids, but she said he should have asked the Countess. When Ron arrived to deliver his snacks, he inquired but received the same response.

"I am not in a position to respond, My Lord," Ron, who had faithfully answered his questions, replied.

Because his father was nowhere to be found, he had no choice but to ask Violan herself.

He knocked on Violan's office door and entered with her permission. He noticed her directing maids about flowers, services, and a small ceremony.

"Sweetie," Violan says, extending her hand and patting the back of his head. "What brings you here?"

Cale looked at her and asked, "Everyone seems busy, so I came to ask what ceremony we are holding."

Violan look at him and guided him to the couch on the side. Violan sat down, but Cale was hesitant to join her. "I am holding your mother's fifth memorial ceremony," Violan said with a small smile and a clasp of his hands.

Cale paused. He did not know what to say.

He looks at Violan with caution. He did not feel anything negative, just pure care..

She did not have to go this far because she was now his mother.

"You are now my mother; you did not have to go this far," he replied subconsciously..

He regretted his words after Violan's face turned bitter in response to his response.

"Sweetie... this is not just about being your mother," she said sternly, but with a hint of pity and hurt in her voice, "I married your father to be the kind of mother who would never ignore your feelings."

Cale's heart was bursting at the seams with uncontrollable joy. Violan looked him in the eyes, and her words were etched deep inside his heart one by one.