"The Spider"
.
.
.
.
.

It was only a few days ago that they appeared; those spider webs. Strung hear and there around the various buildings in Kozue Village; except they only attached themselves to the buildings that she frequented. She definitely noticed, of course, but never paid them any mind out in public, lest the villagers go up in a panic.

Y/n was definitely no fool and recognized that a demon was beginning to encroach upon her territory. They truly must have a death wish if they're so blatantly displaying their presence to her. It was almost as if they were gloating at the fact that they were able to enter Kozue without issue.

But next, they came. The little spiders would only show themselves to her and no one else. Though very small in size; they were massive in numerous, nearly enough to fill the small lake next to the village. They found their way into every crack and crevice of her estate. And soon enough, they developed a habit of trying to crawl upon her; skittering after her limbs and clothing like rats.

It was later in the evening, however, that she would discover the mystery behind their sudden appearances. And she'll achieve this by meeting a strange demon by the name of Naraku.

 And she'll achieve this by meeting a strange demon by the name of Naraku

"Disgusting creatures... crawling on my perfect skin again... ugh... MUTT! Kill them at once!" The demoness barks at the wolf demon who stands in the corner of the room awaiting his orders.

Said demon flinches in surprise as he hears her shouted demand, too caught up in admiring her beauty to pay attention to what she was saying earlier. He sweats nervously, eyes darting about as he tries to come up with a way to have her repeat herself without asking directly. He knows what will happen to him if he does.

"Surely, as graceful and powerful you are, you shouldn't need my help, my lady! I am just an insect under your beautiful feet!" Kōga loudly exclaimed, attempting to use flattery to subdue her potential anger.

Unfortunately for him though, he was only tightly constricted in her fleshy obi sash and given a piercing glare that could give a human a heart attack. Lifted off the ground; his restrained form was aggressively yanked toward the angry demoness.

"So you're disobeying me?" The obi sashes tighten even further with bone‐crushing pressure; the wolf demon yelps in pain. "Just who do you think you are, Mutt?"

The wolf demon breaks into a nervous sweat, "M‐my— I deeply apologize, my lady! I was so distracted by your beauty that I failed to hear your order! P‐please forgive this lowly mutt!" Kōga whimpers out through gritted teeth; feeling as if his ribcage was about to give way from the pressure.

Y/n glares at him in a few beats of silence before loosening her hold on him and unceremoniously tossing him to the other side of the room. She sighs out of her nose and stands from her kneeling position; ignoring how her servant crashed into her Kimono rack.

"Return to that mountain of yours, I don't wish to see you for a while, do you understand?" The demoness speaks coldly, her back turned to him as she doesn't bother to even look him in the eyes.

Kōga nods quickly as he shakily gets to his feet; running out of her estate while staying hidden from the human villagers.

It was late that night when it happened; when he appeared. A handsome man clad in luxurious purple silks with hair of obsidian and eyes of garnet. She could smell it on him; the stench of a hanyo, but she could also smell the deep hatred and envy that emanated from his very soul.

She was definitely stronger than him, even without having two shards of the famed shikon jewel inside her body, he couldn't kill her even if he tried. But strangely, he had this familiar aura about him. It was almost all-knowing; like he knew the things about herself that she that she hid deep inside her heart. It scared her. For the third time in her existence... she felt fear.

"You were quite hard on that wolf earlier, I thought that you might kill him, but to my disappointment you let him go." He spoke in a playful tone, his ominous baritone voice echoing about the room.

Y/n glares sharply at him, "What is it that you want? If it's the Shikon jewel, I shall inform you that I will not part with it easily." Beads of sweat begin to form on the crown of her head.

She can feel Kiseichū squirming inside her in alarm, unwilling to speak lest he alert the stranger to his presence. The maggot demon only burrows deeper within her body; trying his hardest to get away from the rancid aura that seeped from the man's body.

The stranger chuckled softly; kneeling in front of the demoness and caressing her pale cheek. "It seems that you don't remember me, but that's alright. I've come here not to hurt you, but to help you."

The stranger reaches his hand into the front of his hakama and pulls something out with his fist closed around it. However, before he can bring his hand toward her, it's stopped by her fleshy obi sashes wrapping around his wrist. He sighs before opening his fist and revealing a shard of the Shikon jewel.

Y/n's eyes widen but then narrow as she looks from the shard to the strange man in suspicion. "Why are you giving it to me so willingly? What is it that you really want?" She growls at him threateningly, but it seems that he pays no mind at all to her hostility toward him.

"I'm only repaying you that kindness you showed me so long ago, nothing else. Please accept it." The man insisted as he effortlessly moved his open hand forward, the harsh restraining grip she had on it loosening as she looked at him with bewilderment.

Cautiously, the demoness plucked the jewel shard from his awaiting hand; keeping her grip on him even if it did nothing. He stood then, looking down at his wrist as he waited for her to release him so he could take his leave.

"You... what is your name?" Y/n asked him, refusing to let him go until he answered.

"My name is Naraku"

...___...----...___...----...___...----...___...----...___..

[「A/N」Remember, the reader is 5600 years old, so she has met a lot of people and seen a lot of things. Next Chapter; 0.5: Memory of Snow!]