2

Stiles

Completely alone with Derek Hale in his loft, I could die right now. I stood up and started cleaning up the mess the pack had left behind, I needed an excuse as to why I was still here. I picked up plates and cups and put them in the kitchen sink while Derek was picking up food wrappers and then he got out the vacuum while I wiped down all the tables. Once he had put the vacuum away he spoke for the first time today. "Thanks for your help Stiles." "You're always helping me out, figured I could do something helpful for once." "You're always helpful Stiles, no matter what the situation is you always step up to the plate. Stop selling yourself short, just because you aren't supernatural doesn't mean you aren't just as important as all of us are." "Thanks Derek, means a lot, especially from you."

There was an pause for a moment, not an awkward one though, just like we were thinking of what to say next. "Are you ok Derek?" "Yeah why wouldn't I be?" "You were more quiet than normal today, no sarcastic remarks or mean glares at the pack, just silence and a nod or two. You always check up on me even when nobody else even notices that I'm not ok, so the least I can do is return that favor." He was silent for a moment before answering my question. "Stiles I'm ok, just a lot on my mind recently. How about you, you barely talked either." "Just a lot going on in my head." "There's always a lot going on in there, it never makes you get completely silent and still though." "I promise I'll tell you about it soon but I should get going. You know so dad doesn't get worried or anything." "Ok, I'll talk to you later Stiles." "Yeah I'll see you soon." With that I started to walk out of the loft but I felt something pulling me back.

"Stiles wait." I turned back to face him and he let go of my arm. "What is it?" "Are you sure you're good to drive home? It's kinda far and it's getting late, plus it's supposed to rain soon. I don't want you driving upset, while it's dark out there, and it's raining." I thought about telling him that I would stay if he wanted but I couldn't let myself for some reason. "I'm good, I promise. If it gets bad then I'll call you." "Ok, just drive safe. Please." "I will." This time when I turned I actually walked all the way out. I went downstairs and got in the jeep then started driving home. I was about 5 minutes into the 30 minute drive home when the rain started and 5 minutes after that I could barely see through my windshield. I should have listened to Derek and just stayed at his place but I didn't want to impose or feel awkward because of my feelings. I decided it wasn't safe for me to keep driving so I pulled into a store parking lot. I wouldn't normally stop driving because of the rain or the dark but I've only had my license for a year and the two combined is overwhelming, especially for another 20 minutes to get all the way home, maybe even longer since everyone drives slower in the rain. I didn't know what to do but before I could really think about what I was doing, I called Derek.

"Hello?" "Hey Derek." "Is everything ok Stiles?" "Everything's fine. It's just dark and stormy and I couldn't even see to drive so I pulled into a random store parking lot 10 minutes from the loft and now I don't know what to do." "I'm on my way." He hung up before I could respond with any additional information on where exactly I was but I knew he'd figure it out so I decided I should probably call my dad. "Hey Stiles." "Hey dad, listen, we got done at the loft and I was on my way home but it's dark out and it started pouring rain so I stopped in a parking lot. Derek is on his way to get me and I think I might end up staying at his place tonight. I know it's last minute I just wanted you to not worry about me when I wasn't home when you got there." "Alright just be safe and call me if anything changes." "Ok, bye dad, I love you." "I love you too son." I ended the call and then heard a knock on my window. I turned to see Derek standing there under an umbrella. I got out of the jeep and we ran back to his car.

"How did you get here that fast?" "I might have broken a few traffic laws but I got here which is all that matters. We can come get the jeep in the morning." "Thank you. Sorry I made you drive over here, I should have listened when you told me to stay." "It's ok Stiles, I'm glad you called." With that silence overwhelmed the car and he drove back toward the loft. It was a comfortable silence, it wasn't awkward and it didn't feel like it needed to be filled. We got back to the loft and then went upstairs. I noticed it was empty. Even without supernatural hearing, you could always hear small noises when Boyd, Isaac, and Erica were here. "Where are your roommates? Do they know I'm here?" Derek turned to face me. I was standing just inside the closed door and he had gone over to the far wall to hang his jacket on the hook. "They went out for dinner, they went to the closest big town so they could eat something nice. With all the rain I told them to get a hotel up there and come home in the morning. So it's just you and me." My heart rate picked up a little and I knew he could hear it. A whole night, completely alone, with Derek Hale.