Chapter 5, the 5 stages of grief

2 months later* (Aries is 12). I was walking around with genya and I saw chiyo flying down to me. "Ah chiyo did you need something?" I asked my pet crow. "Claw claw flower hashira was killed by upper moon two, claw claw i repeat flower hashira has died claw claw" chiyo. "What no kanae could be dead no" i said as i started to tear up. "No no no, not like this, she cant be gone, not her" i said as i fell on the floor, Crying. I felt a hand on my back. I looked up and saw genya, right I forgot he was here. "Aries, I know this is hard but you have me if you need to talk" genya. "No no, I'm fine, I need to get to the butterfly estate" I said as I got up. "Do you want me to come with you" genya. "No, I should go by myself" I said as I started to run to the estate. I saw aoi and shinobu. "Oh Aries-san hello," Aoi said in a sad voice. "Where is kanae body?" I asked, keeping my head down. "Her body is inside on the right wing in the west room" shinobu. "Thanks" I said as I went into the estate. I was walking into the right wing. I opened the door and walked in. I saw some of the kakushi scrambling around. One turned to me and bowed. "Everyone please leave" I said quietly. No one left and I was getting irritated. I banged on the wall. "everyone get out now there is no point she is already gone" i said as i raised my voice. They all looked at me and ran. I walked to the room she was in. I hesitated for a second but I felt a gruff hand grab my shoulder. "You didn't need to yell at them like that" I heard a voice say. "There is no point she won't come back anyway. There was no point of them being here ''I said as I felt a scaly pattern go across my neck. Ah, so the person is iguro-san. "Yeah but they were trying to get bandages on her for her funeral" iguro. "I get it, iguro, but i need alone-" i tried to finish but i got stopped by iguro turned me around and hugged me. "I'm going to go but remember i'm here for you" iguro said as his snake went back to him and he walked away. I slid open the door and walked in. i saw kanae with blood and bandages on her. I walked to the bed she was in and sat down on the chair next to the bed. "Why did it have to be you, I should have been me" I said as I broke down in the chair. "Why, you should have been coming back home as you tell me you love me. Not lying here dead" i said as I stopped crying. "I love you so much," I said as I got up and left. I was walking to the front as all the kakushi looked at me but there was one emotion in their eyes that I hated, pity. Then Shinobu looked at me as she grabbed my arm. "Aries" shinobu. I looked at her and yanked my arm back and walked out of the estate. I was walking to my estate. I didn't even look up from the ground. I looked up and saw Muichiro standing at the front of the uzui estate. "Muichiro, what are you doing here?" I said as I walked up to him. "I heard what happened i wanted to make sure you were okay" Muichiro. "What is that bird called?" Muichiro said, pointing to his crow. "That is a crow, Muichiro. just go home" i said as I walked inside the home. I looked around. Uzui is on a mission. So are my mother's. Why do I feel like a piece of me is missing? I walked down the hallway to the closet that has all of are non-work haori's in it. I grabbed my father's all black one and walked to my room. I slipped my work uniform off and grabbed my navy blue yukata and put it on. Then I slipped my father's haori on and lad in bed.

*~In dream land~* I opened my eyes and looked around. Why does this place look familiar? "Oh a child. How old are you, 5 or 6?" I heard a voice ask as I saw a little girl charge at the demon. Everything froze, like time stopped. I got up and walked over to the demon. Is this the demon that killed my old family? I got closer as I put a hand on its face and turned it to me. Then I started to take in the features of this demon. Blonde hair with a weird pattern on it, a red and black shirt, Sharp gaw, makeup under its eyes, and rainbow eyes with pupils that read. No, no way. This can't be possible. His rainbow eyes read uppermoon two. This bastard killed my family then killed my aunt. I will kill him. His chin started to fade in my hands. What. Then a grass field with a cherry blossom tree came into view. I looked up and saw a woman with beautiful white hair and blue eyes. Then a demon attacked her. What the heck is going on? Then another scene appeared. "Nee-chan, don't leave me!" I saw Shinobu with kanae in her arms. "Oh haha, she's not going to make it, little butterfly" uppermoon 2. "You bastard, YOU BASTARD, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU" shinobu said but then kanae grabbed her arm. "No it's okay shinobu, '' Kanae said as she choked up blood.

*~End of dream~* I woke up breathing heavily. What the heck was that? Who was that woman? I placed my head on my knees and started to cry. Soon I heard a knock on my door and someone opening it. "Oh Aries," I heard my father say. He walked over to me and sat beside me. "I heard what happened," tengen said as he patted my back. "I was scared," I said looking up at him. "Why" tengen. "Because I knew you were out on a mission and I didn't want the same thing to happen to you" I said as tengen patted my head. "I'm going nowhere okay" tengen. "Okay". I saw my father pull out his hair and took off his head banded. Then he picked up my blankets and slipped in with me. "Dad". "yeah" he said as he looked at me. "I know who killed my family". "Who" tengen. "The same demon who killed auntie kanae" I said as I grabbed his yukata. "r-" tengen tried to say. As we heard my door open to see my mother hina. "Hi you two, i was looking around the whole house for you" hina said as she looked at me. "Aww what happened" Hina said as she kneeled beside me. "Kanae is gone," tengen said as he looked at hina. "Aww i'm so sorry Aries. How about I join you two and you Aries can have some of your mother cuddles" hina said as she stroked my hair. I nodded my head as my mother slipped in behind me. Then I turned around to face her. She grabbed my face and put it on her chest. "You're never too old for your mother's or father's cuddles" hina said as she ran her hands through my hair. "Can you sing to me". "Yes of course, what do you want me to sing?" hina said as she put her free arm around me. "Anything" I said as I snuggled in her chest. "Okay then" hina said as she snuggled up with me. And as my father moved to press against my back. "You are my sunshine, My only sunshine, You make me happy, When skies are gray, You'll never know, dear How much I love you, Please don't take My sunshine away" hina sang as i fell asleep.

word count: 1359