Chapter 2- A Technical Case

Chapter 2

"Ma'am! Excuse us!"

The two jades followed the older woman out of the club to the hallway of the building. The woman turned around and recognized them immediately.

"Oh, you are that handsome alpha!" The woman smiled up at Xichen, "Did you consider? Would you like me to set up a date for you to meet my daughter?"

Lan Xichen laughed, "Ah, no ma'am, this is not..."

"She is not your daughter."

Lan Wangji suddenly spoke up in a cold voice. Lan Xichen and the woman looked at him in surprise in sync. Lan Wangji ignored his brother's questioning look and gazed coldly at the older woman. 

The woman reached up to tuck a greying strand of hair behind her ear and asked, "What do you mean? Of course this is my daughter. Why, if-"

"You are lying." Lan Wangji stared at the woman. The older woman stared back at him.

Lan Wangji held up the flyer. "This WeChat account is real. But this girl is not your daughter. You are doing this without her consent. Don't you know that's against the law?"

"..."

Lan Xichen was starting to worry that Wangji's imposing manner might scare off the older woman and decided to intervene.

"Ma'am, we are not sure why you are doing this but you can't keep doing this. This girl... If she's not your daughter, then why are you doing this to her?"

Forget that, if she was your daughter, why are you doing this to her?? 

The woman stared at them, momentarily unable to speak. Then her gaze fell to the ground and she bit her lower lip. Gripping tightly onto the strap of her bag filled with flyers that she was going to hand out to countless alphas, the woman confessed,

"You are right."

The woman's voice trembled as she continued, "This girl... This girl indeed is not my daughter. She... She is my son's soon-to-be fiancee!"

Lan Wangji and Lan Xichen: "..."

_

"They have been together for a few months."

Mrs. Wang sat down her mug, her gaze fixed upon the tea. They were at a small diner across the street from the nightclub.

"My son, heavens, he is completely infatuated with that sly fox!"

The woman suddenly erupted angrily. Startled, Lan Xichen choked on his tea and coughed, his eyes watering. "W-what do you mean, ma'am?"

Mrs. Wang sighed and all the anger left as fast as it has comes, and in a resigned voice, she said,

"My son... He is only a beta but yet that omega had him wrapped around her little finger... As his mother, I cannot bear to watch it!" 

The woman's eyes looked up at them, "The omega... She must be after my son's money. He's the president of the Haichen Tech Company, you might have heard of it. They were on the news recently."

Lan Xichen nodded. Indeed, he has heard of it. Haichen Tech is becoming a household name as its company skyrocketed in the technology industry. To think that the president of this corporation's mother was sitting in front of them... The older jade offered the woman some more tea.

The woman thanked Xichen before continuing,

"My son is completely bewitched by that woman. I checked his bank record the other day and he had spent thousands if not more on that woman, be it shoes, dresses, purses, jewelry, you name it- and it is all brand names! Why, it is not even thousands of dollars anymore, recently, my son even bought the fox a car and a house!"