𝟎𝟎𝟗.

𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲.

aline had returned to training a few days ago, but she hadn't been making runs and tackles with the same level of confidence and determination as she once did. and jules had taken notice of this fact.

the team had all partnered up for a simple game of two-touch during their warm up, and jules darted forwards towards aline when he noticed her and ona approaching each other.

"sorry, ona. can i pair up with amayou?" he smiled apologetically.

the brunette raised an eyebrow. "i don't know, can you?" she asked, shifting her gaze to aline.

aline shrugged. "i guess so, he asked nicely." she offered her a small smile.

ona returned her smile. even the most serious of players couldn't resist the bright eyes and rosy cheeks of barcelona feminino's beloved number five. "i suppose he did." she nodded.

jules and aline silently walked over to an empty space in the pitch, as aline dropped the ball to her feet so that she could drop-kick it over to him.

"so tell me; what's wrong?" jules sent the ball back to her, as she deftly completed the touch. she let it balance on her ankle for a moment, showing off.

aline glanced up from the ball, and frowned at him. "what? nothing is wrong." she sniffed.

"you're not playing normally." he retorted.

"maybe because this is training, and not playing time?" aline scrunched up her nose in disinterest. 

"don't be smart with me." jules warned. "don't pretend like you're always laid back in training and save the real moves for the game. you'd find a way to break someone's leg in a game of two touch." 

"what, so you suddenly know me?" she sneered.

"i know you're not playing like you should." he said quietly; gravity flourished in his voice as the tension arose. they weren't quite yet friends, but whatever tame level of acquaintanceship that they had built was starting to somewhat splinter as the captain was becoming irritated.

aline dropped the ball, and strode over to the boy opposite her. "so how should i play then, koundé?" she poked him hard in the chest.

"i'm not your enemy, aline." he scoffed. "when are you going to realise that?"

"when you don't march into my training session, with my team, completely uninvited, and tell me how to play my game." aline hissed at him, her face just inches apart from his as neither party dared to break eye contact.

"what about when i brought you flowers? was i your enemy then?" jules shook his head with disappointment, but his inquisition only evoked more anger.

"oh, so you did that for brownie points." she glared at him, inhaling sharply. "or was it to get in my head? did you think i'd fall for your charm, and skip along to xavi's office to sing your blessings or what, koundé?"

shock was written all over his face. "not everyone is out to get you, aline." jules retorted, his voice so cold it chilled her to the bone. "some people genuinely care, but you're too busy worshipping yourself to give anyone else the time of day." his breath fanned her forehead, as his words cut right through her.

"you're done." she spat. "get off my pitch." she didn't care if there might have been a glimmer of truth somewhere within his words; he had disrespected the captain on her own grounds. that was enough to push her over the edge. "you're no longer allowed on these grounds. t'es interdit."

──★ ˙ ̟🌷 !!

tension arises!!

anyone have any

popcorn?