Chapter 16: My Baby Just Cares for Me (Alex)

Song: Rotterdam (or Anywhere) by The Beautiful South

"And then they were like: 'why are you gay!'"

I spit out the cheerios I was eating as I laugh-coughed, "what?!?"

"I know right, and I was just standing there like 'what the fuck'"

"And this is an actual Japanese news station that asked you that?"

"Yeah..." Bella looked straight into the camera and made a face.

"That's fucked up," yet I couldn't stop myself from smiling. Ever since the incident, Bella and I have been Facetiming every single day in every single moment where our spare time overlaps, which sadly is not as often as I'd like. Today was the last time I'd be seeing them through my iPhone 12's cracked screen however because they were flying home early tomorrow morning (or late tonight London time) and would be flying into Heathrow by the time I woke up. I'll be waiting patiently at home for them to arrive since we both agreed it's probably better for me to not pick them up after what happened last time.

"So how was your day yesterday, Alex?" Bella said as they chopped vegetables for their dinner. One of the plus sides of Bella being in Tokyo compared to any other place is that our breakfast and dinner times line up (mostly because I get up conveniently late), so we always have at least an hour each day to Facetime.

"It was quite nice, Oliver and I went to see the Barbie movie and they dressed up in this really cute pink cowboy set, and I wore my 12th-grade homecoming dress which is all sparkly and pink."

"That sounds so fun! How was it? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet."

"It was so good Bella you don't even understand," I paused for emphasis, "I sobbed."

"Love, didn't you cry during Harry Potter?"

I looked at them, trying to make the most offended face I could muster before answering, "first of all, Harry Potter has some really sad scenes! Second of all, this movie was actually really emotional. I saw this girl sitting next to me crying as well."

"I guess I'll have to watch it then..."

"You absolutely MUST, also if Greta Gerwig ever asks you to be in one of her projects you will say yes, or else..." I trailed off.

"Or else what?" The twinkle in Bella's eye when they said it made my stomach flip.

"Not something good, I can assure you that, you little dirty-minded human."

"Well, this dirty-minded human can't wait to see you tomorrow!"

I glanced up at the clock on my wall, "I can't wait to see you either Bella! I have to go to work now but text me when you are about to take off tomorrow morning." They smiled and the call disconnected, the familiar feeling of ecstasy that I had been feeling every day after our Facetime settled in as I cheerfully got ready and left for work. My happiness lasted the whole day because of the simple fact that I'd be seeing Bella tomorrow. Oh, what a basic bitch I'd become. 

-----------------------------

Author's Note: Hey besties, tysm for 1.5k reads! Sorry I haven't updated in a while haven't been super motivated to write, but I'm back! Also, both songs for this chapter are from Bella's "Wavy" playlist cus I died when they posted it, so seemed fitting :)