Chapter 7: I See My Future In Your Eyes (Alex)

Song: "Lovesick" by Peace

Since that first message, Bella and I talked nonstop, so much so that Oliver had tried to hide my phone when I had gotten *a little* distracted during a movie we were watching and missed a very important plot twist (who cares if Anakin is Darth Vader am I right?). They failed though, because I found it 2 minutes later. 

Soon enough my heart stopped dropping every time my phone got a notification, instead it soared when I saw Bella's name on my home screen. We had so much in common, from our favorite music to our favorite shows. It was exhilarating to have a person to share all these things with. Bella felt different than the people I'd dated in the past, they felt – right.

My phone dinged with another notification. I looked down to see a text from Bella and smiled. Once I pulled up my messages, I found a link to an article in the chat and promptly opened it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entertainment Weekly: Heartstopper Season 2 will be streaming on Netflix this Thursday

In a surprise announcement from Netflix, the show's second season will be airing a month before it was set to release...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I clicked out of the article and squealed out loud and then proceeded to squeal via text to Bella.

 Now I had something else to squeal about. With all the squealing, Oliver burst into the room and demanded an explanation. I showed them the texts.

"That's such a cute date, Alex! What are you going to wear..." Oliver kept talking excitingly about Thursday. But I'd stopped listening because suddenly all of the anxiety that had weirdly stayed at bay until that moment, clearly waiting for the perfect moment to strike, came crashing in.

I, weird and awkward Alex Dayton from Minnesota, was going on a date with Bella. Fucking. Ramsey. 

Shit.