16 - another one bites the dust, stranded and earth

They had lost

They had lost. He had gone to find the last stone, and with now five Stones, there was no doubt he would get the sixth. They failed. And Elara had a hole in her. A big one. She felt hands slapping her face; nice cool hands. 

"Neb..." She groans.

"Come on." She says, pulling her up. "Shake it off." Elara chuckles weakly.

"Jesus, Lara." Peter exclaims.

"How bad is it?"

"I can see through you." Drax bluntly answers.

"Mmm, I'll shake if off."

She looks around, Mantis supporting Peter, Parker helping Tony.

"Something's happening." Mantis says. Elara practically sobs at the sight of Mantis disintegrating. 

She turns her head at the sound of Drax panting. His is a lot slower. "Quill? Lara?"

"Steady, Quill."

"Oh, man." Gone. They were gone, like Gamora. Elara collapses further into Nebula's arms.

"Tony." He turns to Strange. "There was no other way." Gone.

"Mr. Stark? I don't think so good." All Elara and Nebula could do was watch as Parker falls into Tony's arms. "I don't know - I don't know what's happening. I don't want to go." He clings to the older man. "I don't want to go, sir. Please. Please. I don't want to go. I don't want to go." They fall to the ground. "I'm sorry."

Nebula cradles Elara's practically limp body in her arms, just like she did 4 years ago. "He did it." She slowly sits down, Elara's head in her lap and she can't help but look at the wound. Drax was right, a full hole that you could see through. This was definitely the biggest injury she'd have to heal from, and Nebula only hoped she would be able to. She couldn't lose both sisters.  

🌌🌌

She'd honestly lost track of how long they been up here. It was hard to keep track when she was constantly in and out of consciousness. The good news was that Elara was in fact healing, but the bad news was that she's lost so much blood, she keeps dying meaning her body is working twice as hard to revive her making it an extremely slow process. One that worked in a loop. The hole would get the tiniest bit smaller, she would officially die from blood loss and exhaustion and then she would come back to life. It was like that over and over again, on repeat like a broken record. 

During the earlier days, Elara would watch Tony and Nebula play a flicky game. She didn't really understand the concept of the game, but Nebula seemed to be enjoying it, which was all that mattered. With one last flick, Tony declares that she's won. Elara smiles at the fact. Tony congratulates the winner and shakes hands. "You have fun?"

"It was fun."

The days started becoming less fun though. Which is the inevitable when you're stranded in space on a broken ship. Oxygen supply was beginning to become scarce and food was practically non-existent. An ill looking Tony Stark powers up his battered helmet.