Chapter 164 : A Chakra Metal Sword & Ice Kekkei Genkai

[A/N : Hey guys. This chapter is Sponsored by Zero1995. You can thank him for the double release.]

The Land of Frost didn't have a ninja force. While they did have some in the past, their army was destroyed in the 2nd and 3rd wars by Kumogakure. Right now, they only had a few ninjas for the protection of the Daimyo and the city. All their missions would be issued to Konoha or Kumo.

Tamotsu briefed Fujin on the details of the Land of Frost en route. Tamotsu also warned his group saying, "I don't have the exact information, but I heard some rumors about our Anbu squad clashing with some ninjas from the Land of Frost. So keep your guard up in case this mission is a trap."

Everyone nodded. They entered the city as soon as they reached it. After going through some formalities, the group was received by an old politician and his bodyguard.

Fujin and his group observed their client. He was very old, probably in his eighties. His back seemed to have been bent permanently and he walked with the help of a walking stick. A Samurai acted as his bodyguard.

The old man introduced himself, "I'm Konda Kunio. I'm happy to see that Konoha sent a strong group for my mission."

Tamotsu asked, "Konda? Are you related to the Daimyo?"

Konda Kunio smiled and said, "Looks like you are well-informed as well. The current Daimyo is my nephew."

Tamotsu said, "Can you tell us more about the mission? The mission statement didn't have much information."

Kunio nodded and said, "For generations, we had a family heirloom passed through our family. It was a sword made from chakra metal. Unfortunately, we had a break-in last week and our sword was stolen. We did some investigation and found that the thief was a rogue ninja who was formerly from Kumo.

His name is Saigo Rikyu. He used to be a Chunin. He became a missing-nin 3 years ago. We discovered that he has created an organization and has set up multiple bases in our country. We don't have the ability to track and kill him."

As he was speaking, the Samurai led down a map on the table. It was a map of the Land of Frost. It had 5 red crosses.

Kunio continued, "We have discovered that his organization has these 5 hidden bases. But we don't know which one he is hiding in. We also don't know the exact number and strength of his forces. So your mission is only to retrieve the heirloom. There's no need to kill him or his group. Of course, if you kill him and eliminate his group, that would be the best. You can claim his 2.5 million Ryo bounty if he is killed."

The Konoha ninjas analyzed the information. There was a lot of information that hadn't been confirmed. The mission could be very risky if stronger ninjas were hiding in the hideouts.

Tamotsu asked, "If such a group is operating in your country, why didn't you issue a higher-ranked mission to eliminate them and resolve the issue forever?"

Kunio didn't reply for a few seconds. He let out a sign and said, "It's complicated. Every time we issue a high ranked mission to clear such a rogue group, another takes its place. It's a never-ending cycle. My nephew decided that as long as they don't kill anyone, we won't spend money to hunt them down.

Unfortunately, I don't have the money to issue a higher ranked mission without getting funds from him."

He took out a small book and placed it on the table and said, "I reiterate that your mission is just to retrieve the heirloom. However, if you are able to exterminate the rogue group, I will reward you with this book. This book contains research conducted by the previous generation of our ninjas on how to combine Water and Wind manipulation into Ice manipulation."