Sting was taken out of his thoughts when he saw you kiss the top of the child's head. He was a big jealousy. The child smiled happily, waving to you as you walked off, Sting and Rogue following closely behind. Rogue just smirked, knowing that his friend was jealous of a little kid. Sting just kept pushing his mind forward, knowing that soon your lips would be on his. It wasn't the first time he thought about something like that, and it certainly wouldn't be the last either.

"Ooo! Lemonade!" You shouted excitedly, looking back at the boys. "Do you guys want some? I'll buy!"

"You don't have to pay, Y/n." Sting shook his head. "If you want some, I'll-"

"Nope!" You shouted, sticking a finger up to his face. "I'll get it! Do you guys want some?"

"No, I'm okay." Sting answered.

"You, Rogue?"

"I'm also okay."

"Lola?"

"Yes please!"

"Lector? Frosch?"

"Yeah I'll take some!"

"Me too!"

**

After a few hours of walking around the city, you, Sting, Rogue and the cat companions all sat down at a fountain located in the middle of the Capital. You all were just talking, going over possible strategies for the Grand Magic Games. It was all going fine until a man, maybe a few years older than you all approached.

"Hey, aren't you guys from Sabertooth!?" The man gawked.

"Yeah, and what of it?" Sting shot at him.

"Nothing! I'm a big fan of you guys, the Dragon Slayer Trio."

"Thanks."

"Though... you guys don't look as strong as people say you are."

"What?" Sting's eyes narrowed, and you almost choked on your own saliva due to the unknown man's audacity.

"Yeah, I mean... look at you all. You're not as big and bad a people say. Though, the girl is definitely as beautiful as they say." He winked at you, and then gave you his full attention. "You're name is Y/n L/n, right?"

"Uh.." you were dumbfounded.

"Don't talk to her." Sting shot at him, standing up from the fountain. Rogue followed his movements, but you stayed seated. "If you wish to address her, you talk to me. Not her."

"Oh? Her knight in armor?" The man mocked, laughing a bit. "I'm sure she doesn't mind me making simply conversation with her. Do you?"

"What did I say?!" Sting yelled, taking a step closer, making the man take a step back. "You don't get to address her!"

You decided that now would be a good time to play into the act that you have grown to love.

"Now now, Sting. Play nice." You giggled a bit. "You know that no man could ever come close to you."

Hearing that, Sting smirked. He loved the act just as much as you did. "It's not that, babe. No man deserves the privilege to even see you, let alone talk to you."

"What the hell..?" The man looked at all of you in confusion. "The two of you are a thing?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" You smirked, your head cocked up.

"Well, how about a bet, then?" The man suggested. "Do you guys liked to gamble?"

"Depends on what we're doing." Rogue answered for the group. "What's the bet?"

"If I can beat the two of you in a fight, I get to take Miss Y/n out on a date." He said proudly. Sting looked over at Rogue, trying his best not to laugh. Rogue did the same. Sting then looked over to you.

"Well, someone's ballsy." Sting smirked. "What do you say, Miss Y/n?"

"Well, I don't really want to go on a date with this... guy." You scrunched your face up. "So Id appreciate if you boys protected me from that."

"Hear you loud and clear." Sting cracked his knuckles, and so did Rogue. With one punch, the man was down. Then, more people started to gather around, offering the same wager that the man did: if they won, they took you out. You were just so incredibly lucky to have two strong guys protecting you.

Another man had fallen to Sting and Rogue, people coming from all around. "You enjoying the show, babe?" Sting smirked, looking over your way.

"Of course I am." You smirked back, Lola sitting in your lap. Lector and Frosch were cheering the boys on from in front of you.

"Yeah Sting! You're number one!"

"Fro thinks so too! Go Rogue!"

"Too bad for them." You pouted playfully, talking about the pile of men that Sting and Rogue defeated. "Maybe you boys need to take it a bit easier. You know these guys can't even touch you."

"But then where's the fun in that, babe?"

"Well, there—"

"Move outta the way!" A voice interrupted you. You swore it sounded familiar. It sparked a light feeling in your stomach. A few seconds later, a man fell in front of Sting and Rogue, down at their feet, on his knees. When he looked up at them, that's when you got a good look at his face.

"N...Natsu?" Your eyes widened, your face in genuine shock. Sting's eyes filled with worry and then anger.

Natsu looked over to you when he heard his name, and stood up. "Yeah, that's my name." He said, and then soon you saw Lucy and Happy make their way through the crowd of people. Lucy saw you, and squinted a bit before talking.

"Y/n? Is that you?" She asked, her face hopeful.

"Lucy? Happy?" Your mouth started to curl into a smile.

"Y/n! Lola!" Happy cheered.

"Y/n? Wow, you look so different from the last time I saw you!" Natsu smiled wide, showing his teeth.

You smiled big, the biggest you have in years. Your eyes started to water, and you stood up from your spot on the fountain to try and hug them, at the very least greet them. "You're okay!"

Before you could do anything, Sting and Rogue stood in your way. You felt heartbroken. You were so close, yet the two boys that you had grown to trust stood in your way.

"Y/n!" Lucy called out.

"Hey, move out of the way!" Natsu yelled at Sting and Rogue. "Who even are you guys?!"

"We are Sting and Rogue." Sting said, his voice flat but harsh.

"The three of us make up the Dragon Slayer Trio of Sabertooth." Rogue added on.

"Sabertooth!? Y/n, you joined these jerks!?" Natsu shouted.

"I—"

"Don't address her." Sting said, crossing his arms. "You can talk to me and Rogue."

"Sting, it's—" You tried to place a hand on Sting's shoulder, but he shrugged it off, and glared at you.

"No. Don't say anything more."